Respected Contributor

Misdiagnosed and had surgery!!!

Unbelievable!

Honored Contributor

Re: Misdiagnosed and had surgery!!!

As a former legal secretary my mind immediately goes to lawsuit.  I don't know what the laws over there are.  No, money won't make it better but there has to be some consequence.  

Respected Contributor

Always get a second and third opinion.

Esteemed Contributor

@FlowerBear  Three letters: NHS. No second or third opinion available. Take a number and wait your turn.

Honored Contributor

@FlowerBear wrote:

Unbelievable!

@FlowerBear 

I'd be curious as to what the REAL diagnosis was, and how they found out ....  yikes.

Honored Contributor

It's hard to believe this happened, somebody or everybody is grossly incompetent in this case. I would like to know just how often this happens in the states too, I'm sure people with great insurance run into lousy health care professionals too. I certainly could not afford to invest in 3 separate opinions, nor would I want to, and we already do have to wait in line for health care, at least I have.

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@FlowerBear  Three letters: NHS. No second or third opinion available. Take a number and wait your turn.

@PA Mom-mom    please explain the NHS. I do not understand what you are saying . Thank you!

Honored Contributor

I've been around a lot of cancer docs in my life and misdiagnosed cancer is not uncommon. When you hear of someone getting a typically fatal form of cancer (liver, pancreatic, etc.) and they got cured by taking vitamins, a diet change, or whatever, they didn't really get cured, they just never had that cancer. I saw one hematologist for thirty years and another for over twenty and both had multiple stories of people coming to them who'd gotten a cancer diagnosis only to discover later that they didn't have cancer. Some people had undergone surgery, some radiation and chemo, but never actually had cancer. Multiple opinions should always be sought out, ideally from unassociated docs/medical centers, if/when you get a cancer diagnosis. There's lots of money to be made in treating cancer and some people will use a naive patient as a cash cow, milking payments from them until they've "cured" the cancer that never existed.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@PA Mom-mom    please explain the NHS. I do not understand what you are saying . Thank you!

Single payer gov't provided health care. 

Good ins and The Big Name Clinic won't keep you from being misdiagnosed. Just ask me.

One of the most aggressive forms of bc actually begins as an infection. But chemo & radiation are a lot more profitable.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@SeaMaiden  It is the English publicly funded national healthcare system. NHS England provides healthcare to all legal English residents, with most services free at the point of use