Honored Contributor

Re: Minks dying of COVID-19 in Utah and Wisconsin

Denmark is getting ready to kill off 17 million minks.

1 7  m i l l i o n

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Denmark is getting ready to kill off 17 million minks.

1 7  m i l l i o n

@Lucky Charm 

I read about that this morning.

Makes you wonder what furry little animal will be next on the hit list.

Cats?

Dogs?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

Denmark is killing 17 million minks for the reasons discussed here.  Somehow I never thought there was still a big market for mink coats.  I guess I run in different circles; fleece and wool and polyester and cotton for me.

Respected Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@Grouchomarx wrote:

I just read an article yesterday about the thousands upon thousand of infected monks being slaughtered in Denmark and Spain. I thought, oh glad it's not here. Little did I know. Thanks for the info. Very sad and terrible all around.

@Grouchomarx 

You might want to go back and edit that typo. Thousands of infected monks being slaughtered??? (Have to admit it made me smile, even tho this is no laughing matter.)

You caught me! I can't type!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Poor things.  I didn't think anything could be worse than Basso getting a hold of them, but this horrible virus might be worse. Woman Sad

Super Contributor

@happycat wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Every cloud has a silver lining.  Maybe this will put an end to mink farming.  I wonder if wild mink are threatened?

I certainly hope it puts an end to the mink farming. Can't say I really feel sorry the the mink farmers. 

Totally agree with you.  I cannot even picture a mink farm.......their living conditions and the sufferage they go through when it is their time to go.  It sounds worse than the virus