Trusted Contributor

Hi Pink.   Hope you don't mind if I barge in, but I noticed your mention of Nancy B NH.   My, that brings back memories of when this forum was a kinder place.   Does anyone know what happened to Nancy B?  

Contributor

Hi Sarah,

NancyB got ill, went to live with her daughter and family, in N. Carolina.

A year later passed away.  I remember it was in October 2008 at age 74

buried in NH next to her husband Keith.

Her obit was posted in a link here, mentioning her friendships, with the Q forum

friends, which she continued that last year in N.C.

She was always kind and caring, helpful and had a group of widows, she kept company

with on the forum, supporting each other.

She reminded me of many of my family members, strong, independent, salt of the earth type.

I think I remember you, Sarah, from the Fiesta ware thread with Shoekitty.  And, earlier I used to post with Shoekitty, on her "Cooking with Shoekitty" thread--that was years ago.

Yes, it was a nice group of posters, and a lot of them on in the evenings.

I'm glad you remember NancyB.

She was the one, who had started the "pot banging" on the front porch, on New Year's Eve.

Pink Heart

Trusted Contributor

@Pink is happy wrote:

Hi Sarah,

NancyB got ill, went to live with her daughter and family, in N. Carolina.

A year later passed away.  I remember it was in October 2008 at age 74

buried in NH next to her husband Keith.

Her obit was posted in a link here, mentioning her friendships, with the Q forum

friends, which she continued that last year in N.C.

She was always kind and caring, helpful and had a group of widows, she kept company

with on the forum, supporting each other.

She reminded me of many of my family members, strong, independent, salt of the earth type.

I think I remember you, Sarah, from the Fiesta ware thread with Shoekitty.  And, earlier I used to post with Shoekitty, on her "Cooking with Shoekitty" thread--that was years ago.

Yes, it was a nice group of posters, and a lot of them on in the evenings.

I'm glad you remember NancyB.

She was the one, who had started the "pot banging" on the front porch, on New Year's Eve.

Pink Heart

Wow, 2008...time certainly does fly.   I remember Nancy very well and I'm sorry to hear of her passing.  I may have known about it but for some reason I didn't recall.   Thanks for the update.

I have come and gone on the forum many times.  I used to participate in the handbags area and yes, also posted a lot on the Fiesta thread with Shoekitty and other sweet ladies.  I dropped off for a while when they changed the forum format.   Now I mostly read and don't participate a lot.

It's nice to "see" you again, Pink.   Happy holidays to you and yours.   

Trusted Contributor

OT from Minkbunny (HI Mink if you do see this), but the list is so long of those who have passed on since the boards were created many, many years ago. I have been here since the old watercooler days (early '90's?)

Hearing Nancy's name reminded me of all those who used to post frequently and are now gone. One in particular that I think of is the woman who had kids (4 I think), and was hit by a car. I cannot remember her name but I remember her posts. It was so shocking when she was suddenly gone and we found out why.

Since we just passed Thanksgiving, I guess being thankful that we are still here posting is in order Smiley Happy. The boards are not the same, the fun is not here anymore, but I am thankful I can still write and read in here when I wish.

Nannybear is another that comes to mind.

Sorry @Pink is happy, didn't mean to highjack your thread, all sorts of names of the past went through my mind at the mention of Nancy.

Contributor

Hi gabstoomuch,

Thanks for posting.  Yes, I'm sure many of you, who were here from the very beginning, feel that way about posters who are gone.

It was a closer, smaller group back then.  Friendships and sharing.

Even when I came later, it was a nicer place, a lot more easy going.

I remember the poster you spoke of, I think of her every Christmas time.

momoffour, was her posting name (I think it might have had her name in it too?

suemomoffour, or another first name added, maybe it will jog someone's memory, and they will add her correct posting name here)

She had been frazzeled, and was wishing Christmas was just over.  She had at least one special needs child, I think they were all sons.

She stepped off the curb, was hit by a car, and died.

I remember being shocked too, like you were, at her sudden death.

We all said, we must never wish away, the time we have on earth.

I think her story, left it's mark on everyone, who posted with her.

She was a good and dear person.

I have always wondered, how her children survived after that.  Someone later, did post that things were going well, they had contact with her family members. 

My best friend, when I was very young, had a similar thing happen, and her mom died suddenly.  It left a mark on me, as a child, and I have always had a feeling, for those left motherless.  Such a tragedy.

Thank you for stopping to say hello.

And, best wishes to you, for the holidays, and for the whole year ahead.

Pink Heart

@gabstoomuch

Contributor

Just remembered... her name was Chris  momoffour

Respected Contributor

Hi Pink and Everybody - how sweet of you to think of me and the cowboy.

Wow, memories flooded me when you mentioned Nancyb - good times for sure.

I happened to see your post when I checked the Q website and saw MamaMia's sad news and wanted to offer my condolences to her.  When I logged on I saw that I had several notifications, including this thread.

We are doing well. I still work at the lawfirm in town, we still have the farm and the horses.  My husband is doing great and our life is filled with gratitude for the seven grandkids and five greatgrandkids who keep us busy.

Thanks again for saying hi!  So happy you enjoyed the beauty of our state. 

Wishing you and yours the very best.

And the same to all who read and post. Heart