Valued Contributor

Minimalist Lifestyle

[ Edited ]

I've been excited lately about living more of a minimalist lifestyle. There's a buzz about it and it really got me thinking. Why do I need all of these "things"?  The consent bombardment of feeling the need to purchase the newest gadget and possibly getting into debt buying things I don't really need.  Recently I started getting rid of clutter and extra "stuff". It's so cleansing.  Even decorating for the Fall season I put out only a few of my favorite things and it looks so much better.  

Respected Contributor

Nope.

Esteemed Contributor

Kudos to you for making any change you feel is for the better in your life. I have a daughter that lives a minimalist lifestyle abroad, and while I could not do it in the long term, when I visit, I appreciate the liberation of it.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

@Eileen in Virginia wrote:

Nope.

@Eileen in Virginia, hahahaha. But tell us how you really feel. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

It's a goal.  It's like you can breathe with all that clean space.

Contributor
I purge every year. 😉
Honored Contributor

I find as I age I want to own less, but I'm hardly into minimalism, you'd have to talk to my son who takes that lifestyle to the extreme.

Honored Contributor

I think it's a worthy goal; it's best to travel llghtly through life.  I don't have a lot of stuff but that's mainly because my condo is small.  If I was starting out, a minimalist lifestyle would be attractive.  These days, when I buy anything, it's almost always replacing something that's broken down or no longer useful.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Minimalist Lifestyle

[ Edited ]

Our oldest son is a minimalist. He does not want anything extra in his home that he does not need. He is going to get a rude awakening soon when I start giving him some of his stuff that I know/hope he won’t part with.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:
Our oldest son is a minimalist. He does not want anything extra in his home that he does not need. He is going to get a rude awakening soon when I start giving him some of his stuff that I know/hope we won’t part with.

Men seem to do better with minimalism.  They seem to have few needs for "stuff," decor, and such.  I suppose some could get into trouble with hobbies - woodworking, firearms, etc.