Esteemed Contributor

Re: Millennials Don"t Like These Brands, So They Are Disappearing!

The only constant is change.

Change is going to happen whether we like it or not.

You can try and fight it, but change is gonna happen regardless.

And just because something has been a certain way, doesn't mean that it always has to stay that way.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

Starbucks? The Starbucks drive thru in my neighborhood always has SUV’s and minivans with baby seats. Much of Gen-X is past that phase of our lives.
Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

The only constant is change.

Change is going to happen whether we like it or not.

You can try and fight it, but change is gonna happen regardless.

And just because something has been a certain way, doesn't mean that it always has to stay that way.

I was sitting here, tv on in the background listening to an old episode of "Hazel" @Anonymous032819 . The women are dressed like they are going to a wedding, hats, pearls and a fur stole. This was their going to the supermarket attire. It is probably early 60's. Most definitely I agree with you about change is inevitable....🌼

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I found and read the article. A key word in it is "may". Brands may disappear. I also noticed that the author's qualifications include a BS in biology and communications.

I think that some brands may fade as a result of the economy the over the past 18 months. Some brands may fade due to evolving lifestyles and purchasing habits.

Some brands may likely persevere.

Brands continuously change their image, products, and services to meet consumers' needs and wants. They also create new ones.

Time will tell which ones fail and which ones thrive and what new brands appear.

Respected Contributor

As commerce usually shifts to cater to the group who has $$ to spend, I expect it to change with our demographics. However, some of the businesses on this list are not lacking for customers, including millennials, and I think many of these lists of what's in or out are generated for click bait and have more to do with opinion than research.

Honored Contributor

@Desert Lily wrote:

I found and read the article. A key word in it is "may". I also noticed that the author's qualifications include a BS in biology and communications.

I have noticed that a lot lately: online pieces with "may" in the title.  They are meant to be provocative and clickbait.  I'd say no scholarly thought process is involved in their writing, but it does take a clever person to think up such things.

Valued Contributor

I was heartbroken when they closed the Dress Barns in my area - Guess I'm in the minority when it comes to wearing dresses (especially to Church)?

I wouldn't miss the Hallmark stores at all - I've been buying my gift wrap and greeting cards (2 for $1) at the Dollar Tree for years now. Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

Wonder why Walgreens made the list twice.

Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

I wouldn't really miss any because there are always new and better things.  Life goes on!

Life surely goes on and so we adapt, but in my experience anyway, new doesn't necessarily mean better...

Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

Wonder why Walgreens made the list twice.

Several businesses made the list twice...sloppy proofreading like most internet stories.