Honored Contributor

Re: Milk and lactose intolarance

It's certainly not a factor to dissuade humans from drinking cow's milk.  It has nothing to do with it.

However, I don't drink it.

Esteemed Contributor

Most all true Native Americans are lactose intolerant.  Lots of wannaBes and so called natives are not.  They would like to think of themselves as Native but their lineage is so diluted, they are not. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I happily lack the lactose intolerance gene. I love milk and dairy products.

I feel for those who are lactose intolerant, though. I had a friend who used to have to order her pizza without cheese - and can you imagine Mexican food without cheese?

I told her if it were me I'd miss ice cream most of all. She said that about once a year she would buy a favorite flavor and enjoy it...sitting...where she had to sit for the duration :-( None of the pills or lactose-free substitutes worked for her. She did say, though, that as she hit middle age the intolerance seemed to lessen somewhat and she could eat bits of this and that without disaster.

I bought lactose-free milk by accident once and thought it tasted gross. I poured it down the sink.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

Nobody in my house drinks milk.

I've always used rice or almond milk.   My kids didn't drink cow's milk when they were little.  I had a lot of comments thrown my way about it too.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

Most all true Native Americans are lactose intolerant.  Lots of wannaBes and so called natives are not.  They would like to think of themselves as Native but their lineage is so diluted, they are not. 

@Puzzle Piece

Hi LR, you are right.  A lot of Jewish people, Asians and those of recent African ancestry are lactose intolerant.  Stats say up to 72% of the world's population is lactose intolerant, although some children outgrow it.

Honored Contributor

I've been drinking Lactaid for many years, and my stomach appreciates it!  Occasionally, it's sold out and I try a store brand...not good! 

Have to use what works for me.

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

It's certainly not a factor to dissuade humans from drinking cow's milk.  It has nothing to do with it.

There are about a zillion different other

reasons NOT to drink animal liquids. 

Tons of research out there we don't need/not meant to drink.

#DoPlants

https://youtu.be/KkUteqZqyWQ

https://youtu.be/dPLm3OFhLXU

Honored Contributor

Here we go again....

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
QVC Customer Care

Respected Contributor

Yes, the brand is Lactaid and I buy 1 or 2% and it tastes so tasty and creamy to me. I guess that makes me weird.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18