Honored Contributor

Re: Milk Class Action Lawsuit

Wow, really!   Typing in all caps OR all bolded are both considered yelling.  This is just basic internet etiquette.   On normal boards, this sort of thing will end in banning because it's impolite and an assault on the eyes.  Nothing new around that.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Carmie wrote:

I am always amazed by the lack of knowledge when it comes to Class Action law suites. Some are certainly frivolous but most are not.

These suites are brought upon companies who are deceiving or ripping off consumers.  Should we just let them do this with no consequences?

Dairy farmers killed hundred of thousands of cows to keep milk prices inflated. All dairy products in 15 states were affected.  This hurt families with children the most, not to mention the poor cows. They did this for about 14 years! Each family will collect between $45 and $70.  That is a lot of money for our working poor,

They did a bad deed, now they will pay.  Perhaps it will deter this from happening again.

If nothing else, I think for this alone they should be severely fined. Severely!!!!!  Killing all those animals for the sake of money and just to gauge people just to add their billions.  Severely fined regardless who gets the money is all I have to say. And yes, I hope the consumers get some monies back.  I cant imagine how many people that hurt.

Respected Contributor

@VenturaHighway

I just wanted to say that last night on our local news now that this lawsuit was mentioned. So if farmers are slaughtering their cows to keep dairy prices up then they use the beef to seel or eat themselves. A lot of my family were in the cattle/ dairy business and they never did this practice of slaughtering to keep prices up. I wonder which dairy farms are doing this exactly? Pathetic!!