Honored Contributor

Re: Milk Class Action Lawsuit

@makena wrote:

Some people will do anything for a buck.

Yes, especially people who are poor and are being ripped off.

Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I am always amazed by the lack of knowledge when it comes to Class Action law suites. Some are certainly frivolous but most are not.

These suites are brought upon companies who are deceiving or ripping off consumers.  Should we just let them do this with no consequences?

Dairy farmers killed hundred of thousands of cows to keep milk prices inflated. All dairy products in 15 states were affected.  This hurt families with children the most, not to mention the poor cows. They did this for about 14 years! Each family will collect between $45 and $70.  That is a lot of money for our working poor,

They did a bad deed, now they will pay.  Perhaps it will deter this from happening again.

@CarmieYes, this was a very sad situation. Greed rears its ugly head.

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44If you put in milk class action lawsuit, it comes up everywhere.

Strange, that we are only now hearing about this, when it is so close to being over.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We all have the choice to buy dairy products or not and if the price is too high for anyone there are many much better alternatives or charities to go to for help.  Sure maybe dairy farmers acted wrongly but those who wanted dairy made the choice to buy. The guilty parties should be fined but no one should get money because they chose to buy dairy.  The money should go to charities.  I don't think anyone went bankrupt because of choosing to buy dairy.

Regular Contributor

@VenturaHighway wrote:

@Tinkrbl44If you put in milk class action lawsuit, it comes up everywhere.

Strange, that we are only now hearing about this, when it is so close to being over.

This is the first I heard of it too @VenturaHighway.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I am always amazed by the lack of knowledge when it comes to Class Action law suites. Some are certainly frivolous but most are not.

These suites are brought upon companies who are deceiving or ripping off consumers.  Should we just let them do this with no consequences?

Dairy farmers killed hundred of thousands of cows to keep milk prices inflated. All dairy products in 15 states were affected.  This hurt families with children the most, not to mention the poor cows. They did this for about 14 years! Each family will collect between $45 and $70.  That is a lot of money for our working poor,

They did a bad deed, now they will pay.  Perhaps it will deter this from happening again.

There are people who think anything goes and it's up to everyone individually to know everything going on and if they don't and something went wrong, too bad.

Remember the posters who thought the people of Flint Michigan were at fault for not knowing about the contaminated water?   

Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

We all have the choice to buy dairy products or not and if the price is too high for anyone there are many much better alternatives or charities to go to for help.  Sure maybe dairy farmers acted wrongly but those who wanted dairy made the choice to buy. The guilty parties should be fined but no one should get money because they chose to buy dairy.  The money should go to charities.  I don't think anyone went bankrupt because of choosing to buy dairy.

@Pook

Very well stated !     ITA

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pook wrote:

I hate to sound disrespectful, but I have to disagree.  If you have children and want to provide a balanced meal, you will buy dairy no matter what the cost.    It's not like you could buy dairy from another grocery and get a better price.  This over charging was state wide.   People had no choice.

I don't understand why you think a charity should be getting the hard earned money that was spend by people who may have struggled to provide food for their family. 

I know how hard it is to provide wholesome food for kids.  If you want to donate to charity, go ahead.   For a lot of people, they are their own charity.  Not everyone struggling in the US wants to go to a charity for food.  They want to and have the right to provide for themselves.

The dairy farmers stole money because they were greedy.  Pure and simple... and people are entitled to a refund of some sort.

Honored Contributor

To be fair, typing in all bolded IS considered yelling.

As to the lawsuit, I don't know anything about it but I buy so little milk, as it grosses me out and I only buy it if I need for a recipe (or pudding!).   Love pudding.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Chastise me if you want but I was only trying to share what I had heard on our news.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing".

Edmund Burke