Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

Has anybody heard an update about the accusation implying a Pennsylvania cleric was involved with the coup?  I've previously read about Fethullah Gulen's charter schools and found this recent assertion chilling.  Is he being questioned by authorities about a possible connection to the coup?

He is a long standing rival of the current Turkish leader.  I'm hearing the airbase the US uses is closed?

Esteemed Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

@wildcat fan wrote:

Has anybody heard an update about the accusation implying a Pennsylvania cleric was involved with the coup?  I've previously read about Fethullah Gulen's charter schools and found this recent assertion chilling.  Is he being questioned by authorities about a possible connection to the coup?

He is a long standing rival of the current Turkish leader.  I'm hearing the airbase the US uses is closed?

I've seen reports that the power has been cut off and restrictions for going onto and off of base.  

QVC Customer Care

@Beth-QVC, I have an honest question that is not meant to be challenging...I'm just trying to understand the rules. How is a military takeover of a standing government not political? Does the (understandable) restriction of political discussion here only include American politics?

@WenGirl42

I understand your question...the prohibition on discussions political is not just for American politics but does indeed extend world wide. We do understand the need or desire to discuss the tragic events that unfold in today's world as they affect us all deeply. However we ask that all discussion confines itself to facts and stays on topic.

Beth QVC