Esteemed Contributor

Re: Mike Tindall Donated Drawing

@Johnnyeager wrote:

FceDPczXEAMHotR.jpeg

@Johnnyeager That is so sweet.  Like my DH said, "I like that side of the family."

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

Was it painted on velvet?  It sounds incredibly tacky.

Honored Contributor

How sweet,they would naturally miss her.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

It was painted on velvet??  Hopefully. it was at least silk velvet.  Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Was it painted on velvet?  It sounds incredibly tacky.

@chrystaltree "Sounds" tacky? Did you look at the picture posted...it's a simple picture of a corgi in mourning for his beloved person. If you're referring to the other picture, it would've been nice to say so, as there are two pictures posted.

Respected Contributor

@ValuSkr  Where do you and @chrystaltree  get the idea that whichever picture you are referring to (there were two posted) was painted on velvet?

Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

How sweet,they would naturally miss her.

@goldensrbest I thought it was sweet, too. I'm sure her dogs are a little confused, but thankfully they are young dogs, and should adjust fairly quickly. We adopted a 15 month old dog in 2020, and within a day or two, he was just fine!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The sketch was done by an artist called Danielle D.  It was reposted by Mike Tindall, a friend, on his media.  It is a one of a kind work which the artist will auction for charity.  These are her comments:

The crying corgi.

The crying corgi image was my personal creative response to the sad news of the loss of our Queen, Queen Elizabeth II. I feel even though our Queen reached a wonderful age and we were blessed to have her reign for so long - her passing has still come to many of us as a huge shock, in my image I tried to encapsulate that loss through the hearts of her beloved corgis, like myself and many of the rest of the nation the Queen was a huge animal lover, with many of her fondest moments being with her dogs and horses.

The image of a corgi has become as much a representation of our Queen as the crown itself, by combining these two elements I hoped to represent the true heart of what we as a nation have lost, on one hand our faultless Queen who served us until the bitter end and on the other hand a human being, a dog lover - just like so many of the rest of us. 

From such a somber time it seems can come great pleasure, it has been so wonderful to hear and see that my artwork of the crying corgi has brought so much happiness to people at this time, the sheer volume of love and support for this image has been quite overwhelming, the image was shared by Mike Tindall (Husband of the Queens granddaughter Zara) across his social media and the response has just simply been astounding. 

I’m very proud to say that Zara and Mike are already collectors of my work but to know that they appreciated this specific piece at such a sad time for them has been truly special.

I have had endless requests to create a limited edition of this image, on this occasion this will be a one off . There will be a chance to own this original artwork as I plan to auction this personal creation with 100% of funds raised going directly to the Dogs Trust whom the Queen was a patron of. 

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree ...............talk about tacky!

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

The picture of the Corgi is a drawing, which was noted in the title and in posts. Drawings are not done on velvet.

I know nothing of the other picture posted.