Esteemed Contributor

Re: Mika Brzezinski and Joe Scarborough

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

There has been rumors about them for a few years now but the chatter really ramped up when Joe's divorce was made public last year and now with Mika's it's doubled.

They also got a lot of grief for being spied in one of the presidential candidates hotel room watching the results for that evening.  People found it odd not only were they hanging around with the candidate like that but also that they were there together with no other Morning Joe personnel being included.

Personally I hope it's not true as I find him to be a total boor whose favorite thing on the planet seems to be listening to his own voice.  His treatment of MIka and others on the air is cringeworthy at times.

Hi mtc!  I watch this show mosts mornings while getting ready for work, so I don't see it all, but I find myself yelling at Joe a lot to SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP.

I thought Chuck Todd was going to tell him the same this morning - he was so frustrated that he couldn't finish his thought before Joe jumped in.  And he TRIED and TRIED to finish.

I like a number of things about the show, but Joe just gets on my last nerve.  And honestly, Mika does, too, with the facial expressions.  It's the other people on the show that I like, not the top 2.

I don't really care though if he and Mika get together.  No relevance to my life. Smiley Happy

Joe and Mika are a match made in heaven.

He likes to constantly talk about how he did things when he held public office (truthfully, I think he would like to give it another run, but think he has a bit of a checkered past--dead intern found in his office?).  

And in my opinion, she has lost all journalistic credibility with her facial expressions and stammering and stuttering because she just can't find the words to report on the very story of which she is reporting.

Yes, indeed, they are a perfect pair.  If Lifetime Movie has something on I am even remotely interested in while doing hair/makeup it trumps Morning Joe.  😊

Honored Contributor

@mstyrion 1 wrote:

@Highlands72 wrote:

@151949 wrote:

He is a staunch Republican - used to be a congressman , and she is just as staunch a Democrat. Could make for an interesting life!

It works for Mary Matalin and James Carville.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They immediately came to mind for me too.

I don't care if they are a couple. If it works for Mika and Joe, good for them.  

And if they disagree and can keep things good between them then I think that's great.

More people should follow that lead.

IMO.

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

There has been rumors about them for a few years now but the chatter really ramped up when Joe's divorce was made public last year and now with Mika's it's doubled.

They also got a lot of grief for being spied in one of the presidential candidates hotel room watching the results for that evening.  People found it odd not only were they hanging around with the candidate like that but also that they were there together with no other Morning Joe personnel being included.

Personally I hope it's not true as I find him to be a total boor whose favorite thing on the planet seems to be listening to his own voice.  His treatment of MIka and others on the air is cringeworthy at times.

Hi mtc!  I watch this show mosts mornings while getting ready for work, so I don't see it all, but I find myself yelling at Joe a lot to SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP.

I thought Chuck Todd was going to tell him the same this morning - he was so frustrated that he couldn't finish his thought before Joe jumped in.  And he TRIED and TRIED to finish.

I like a number of things about the show, but Joe just gets on my last nerve.  And honestly, Mika does, too, with the facial expressions.  It's the other people on the show that I like, not the top 2.

I don't really care though if he and Mika get together.  No relevance to my life. Smiley Happy

Hi @QueenDanceALot, very good to see you!

I am a horrible channel changer but did happen to see the exchange between Joe and Chuck Todd and what really caught my eye was the fact that Chuck actually let his frustrations show on his face (and good for him as Joe was being his impossible self).  I guess the rest of the regular panel have their non-reaction faces down pat.

I think the show goes much better when either Joe or Mike isn't there as it breaks up that weird Power Twin vibe they have going on and they both behave completely differently than when they are on the air together.

As for their personal life, I am kind of sorry this broke in the news as it was always something that was in the background and easier to ignore.  I don't see how they can come clean with this relationship if it does exist because then Morning Joe could quite possibly morph into Coffee with the Scarborough's . . . MSNBC has potentially a bit of a mess on their hands.

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

Joe and Mika are a match made in heaven.

He likes to constantly talk about how he did things when he held public office (truthfully, I think he would like to give it another run, but think he has a bit of a checkered past--dead intern found in his office?).  

And in my opinion, she has lost all journalistic credibility with her facial expressions and stammering and stuttering because she just can't find the words to report on the very story of which she is reporting.

Yes, indeed, they are a perfect pair.  If Lifetime Movie has something on I am even remotely interested in while doing hair/makeup it trumps Morning Joe.  😊

Some days I really wish that Joe and Mika were gone and that Mark Halperin and John Heilemann would host the morning show.  I like their early evening show a lot but don't always get to see it.  No talking over one another and guests, no eye rolling, no heaving sighs.

I also like the other contributors to the show much more than I like either Joe or Mika.

Maybe they could just go start a new show of their own in the middle of the afternoon or something when I wouldn't be watching.

Cat Tongue

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

I am a horrible channel changer but did happen to see the exchange between Joe and Chuck Todd and what really caught my eye was the fact that Chuck actually let his frustrations show on his face (and good for him as Joe was being his impossible self).  I guess the rest of the regular panel have their non-reaction faces down pat.

I think the show goes much better when either Joe or Mike isn't there as it breaks up that weird Power Twin vibe they have going on and they both behave completely differently than when they are on the air together.

As for their personal life, I am kind of sorry this broke in the news as it was always something that was in the background and easier to ignore.  I don't see how they can come clean with this relationship if it does exist because then Morning Joe could quite possibly morph into Coffee with the Scarborough's . . . MSNBC has potentially a bit of a mess on their hands.

I can't even count how many people who have been INVITED on the show end up having to say to Joe, "LET ME FINISH" and Joe just steamrolls over them.  They all look frustrated, but some have just given up and know that Joe isn't going to let them finish.

I'm with you in thinking that the show is much better when one or both of them aren't on.

I guess I just don't really understand why their personal relationship matters at all.  They're both obnoxious whether they're knocking boots off the air or not.

Cat Tongue

Honored Contributor

I thought so for awhile now!

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

I can't even count how many people who have been INVITED on the show end up having to say to Joe, "LET ME FINISH" and Joe just steamrolls over them.  They all look frustrated, but some have just given up and know that Joe isn't going to let them finish.

I'm with you in thinking that the show is much better when one or both of them aren't on.

I guess I just don't really understand why their personal relationship matters at all.  They're both obnoxious whether they're knocking boots off the air or not.

Cat Tongue

Oh my goodness KLWT can you hear me laughing all the way by you? . . . thanks for the huge laugh out loud, I really appreciate it!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@meallen616 wrote:

I thought so for awhile now!

@meallen616 oh yes . . . tee hee . . . that little detail ^^^^^ . . . I wasn't sure if QVC would let us post something like this here . . . yikes.   Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

Cat Tongue

Oh my goodness KLWT can you hear me laughing all the way by you? . . . thanks for the huge laugh out loud, I really appreciate it!  Smiley Happy

Glad I made you laugh, mtc!  It's good to see you Smiley Happy

Been awhile since we chatted.

Respected Contributor

I don't care about their relationship off the air.  

I can't even watch them anymore.   Her facial expressions and rolling her eyes - she reminds me of a shrew.   If he talks about his campaign one more time I'm going to scream.   It was in the early 90s.  It doesn't matter anymore and isn't relevant