Respected Contributor

Re: Might have been un-hearted

@raven-blackbird wrote:

@tansy wrote:

Why would anyone check out someone else's hearts?  Who gives a flying fig?  

I couldn't agree with you more..............but actually, you'd be quite surprised at who would check out someone's  hearts...............................raven

I find superior airs annoying, so checked this one time to prove the hypocrisy in her statement.  Beyond that, I wouldn't give a flying fig either, and would never have thought to check.

Please, let's not make an issue where none exists.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Trusted Contributor

Someone was looking for info from the Community Team re:hearts? 

dooBdoo posted this three weeks ago, which is helpful:

dooBdoo wrote:

It would be useful for one of the moderators to post a thread (perhaps in "Welcome Get Started") explaining exactly how the hearts work and what the "weight" meanis to us.

I don't know the answers, but FWIW here's the complete "Help" text about the "Hearts" feature:

(link goes to: http://community.qvc.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/kudos#kudos)

~~~~~~

"What are hearts?

Kudos is a content rating system that lets you vote for the messages you think are the most useful or important.

When you give hearts to a message, you are giving a thumbs-up for good content and a pat on the back to its author. Your hearts help to boost the value of certain messages and enhance the reputation of their authors.

Giving hearts is as easy as a single click, but the impact of hearts ripples across the community.

How do I give Hearts?

You can give Hearts to any posts in the community except your own.
To give hearts to a message and its author, click Hearts! on the message.
If you change your mind about the quality of the message, you can revoke your hearts.
To revoke hearts you've given, click Options > Revoke My Hearts from this Message.

How can I see who's given me Hearts?

Want to know who thinks a message is good? It's easy to find out which regular community members and community experts have given hearts to a message. Hearts from community experts carry more weight than those from brand new members.
To see who's given you hearts:
Go to the message page.
Click the Hearts! total.

The Who Hearted this Message page shows you all the community members who've given hearts to the message.
Click Experts to see hearts given by high-ranking members of the community.

Experts are usually moderators and other users who had a hearts weight of more than 1 when they gave the message hearts.
Click the user name or hearts link to sort this page by the name of the user who gave hearts or by the hearts count.

How can I see which messages or authors have received the most Hearts?

There are usually two likes leaderboards on the community's front page -- one for authors and another for messages. The author's leaderboard shows who has received the most likes. The message leaderboard showcases the most liked messages. Links from the front-page leaderboards take you to the full leaderboard pages.
To view the Top Liked Messages leaderboard, click view all from the front page module.
To view the Top Liked Authors leaderboard, click view all from the front page module.

How can I see who has given me hearts?

To see who's given you hearts:
Go to you profile page.
Your Profile pages shows the names of community members who have given you hearts, the messages they hearted, your top hearted messages, and the hearts you've given.
To see all of your recent hearts activity in an area, click view all.
Click the tabs to see more info about your hearts activity.

Why can't I give Hearts to some messages?

There are a few reasons why you might not be able to give Hearts to a post.
You've already given Hearts to this message (you can only give them once).
You wrote the message (you can't Heart your own messages).
Your community manager wants you to give Hearts only to a message that starts a thread and not to replies.
Your community manager has turned Hearts off for a message or a forum.
Your community manager has frozen Hearts for this message. You can still see how many Hearts the message has received, but you can't Heart it any more.

Where did the Hearts number go?

Sometimes a message gets so many hearts that we run out of space to show the number. When that happens you'll see a Hot Hearts symbol or icon instead of the hearts count on the hearts badge."

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Respected Contributor

Thank you, Adelina, for your trouble.  This is the first time I've seen this explanation, and admit it raises more questions.

As far as this thread goes, though, my question has been answered. Rather than become embroiled in something else entirely, I'm finished with this one.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@raven-blackbird wrote:

@tansy wrote:

Why would anyone check out someone else's hearts?  Who gives a flying fig?  

I couldn't agree with you more..............but actually, you'd be quite surprised at who would check out someone's  hearts...............................raven

Why do you care though who looks at hearts,

we can turn them off in settings I think.

(edited because I was snarky, sorry)

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Honored Contributor

I knew eventually the hearts thing was going to be an issue for some.  LOL

Honored Contributor

I don't understand why they delete entire threads.  Why not just delete the offensive post?  That makes more sense to me.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Esteemed Contributor

Honestly, the heart thing is not necessary at all.   Read where one poster asked how she could unheart someone she mistakenly gave a heart to - the fruit lady.  Just like her.  It's really so unneccessary. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

\

OMG! Now I suppose we have a lot of broken hearts running around here too! LOL

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".
Honored Contributor

Some of this thread is hilarious Smiley LOL 

People taking sneak peeks to see how many hearts others have, or looking to see who gave someone a heart, LOL.  Who cares?  What a thing to get uptight about.

o/~  Let it go, let it go...  o/~

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Valued Contributor

This post has been removed by QVC. Could be seen as unfriendly towards another poster.