Esteemed Contributor

Re: Microneedling at New Mexico spa linked to HIV cases

Good lord!  This is crazy! 

Trusted Contributor

This Spa in NM was charging $100 for a treatment! That is what I call suspiciously cheap. You think they were going to take their time to sterilize equipment? No way! They were trying to get a ton of clients in to actually make a profit. 

A friend in need is a friend indeed.
Trusted Contributor

I'm so sorry for these innocent patients, only guilty of trying to save a buck.  They have to be petrified now. 

I would never, ever go to any of those med spas.  Probably a thousand of them here in S. Florida. 

Esteemed Contributor

@JBKO wrote:

This Spa in NM was charging $100 for a treatment! That is what I call suspiciously cheap. You think they were going to take their time to sterilize equipment? No way! They were trying to get a ton of clients in to actually make a profit. 

That would be a big red flag!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Nobody, including me, is taking a needle of any kind to my face as a beauty procedure -- whethet it involves blood or not.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

As a registered nurse I say, “Just no.” Even from a qualified practitioner there is risk of infection.
Honored Contributor

I learned something new today-vampire facials.

And now I cannot unlearn it.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Trusted Contributor

😱 I just can’t begin to imagine... even if it were free from an authentic professional. 

I do feel awful for those who now have HIV, though. Talk about suffering for beauty. That’s way more than they signed up for! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

They lost me with “vampire”! You can’t be too careful in any of the spas and salons....even nail salons can be a breeding ground for bacteria. You have no idea if the person injecting anything into your skin knows what they are doing. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have always said that women would smear cow dung on their faces if they thought that it might make them look 20 years younger.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.