Valued Contributor

Nooo! Too scary...

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

It is the future.  Might as well get use to the idea.   The younger generation will most likely have no choice in the matter if they want a job whe this chipping becomes the norm. 

When in the future and why should we get used to it? @SeaMaiden I have four kids in their 20's and 30's, they wouldn't go for it! 

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

It is the future.  Might as well get use to the idea.   The younger generation will most likely have no choice in the matter if they want a job whe this chipping becomes the norm. 

When in the future and why should we get used to it? @SeaMaiden I have four kids in their 20's and 30's, they wouldn't go for it! 

@JaneMarple  They may not go for it.....but, if it is either get the job$$$$ or not based on a requirement of chipping....they may change their  mind.  This will become the norm in society....yes, people will complain....but it will not just go away.

interesting article :

http://bigthink.com/david-ryan-polgar/human-or-machine-some-people-are-getting-microchipped

Valued Contributor

When I saw that they are partnering with Swedish Company BioHax International, it reminded me that Sweden is an almost cashless society.

Seems to me, according to a BOOK I read, these 2 things go together.

But like its Nordic neighbours Norway, Denmark and Finland, Sweden is fast becoming an almost entirely cashless society.

Honored Contributor

Sounds like a great idea!

Spoiler
nope

Respected Contributor

I'm so happy to see that most of you are opposed to this. It's obviously NOT being done for our convenience or personal well-being. It's simply another way of controlling the masses, & one step closer to  A I. 

AVOID at all costs, & let your voices be heard. 

Honored Contributor

this reminds me of "Big Brother" is watching you.

I doubt I would ever do this.

But have heard that for the dementia,Alzheimer's patients some have been micro chipped because of them walking away and not knowing how to go back to where they belong. The chip the company who has this technology can trace them to where they are

Trusted Contributor

Nyet!

Trusted Contributor

There is a woman who is periodically on the Coast to Coast radio show who discusses privacy issues and RFID tagging.

Her children's book is I Won't Take the Mark, and if I remember correctly relates to the chipping of human beings. (And yes, I know what the title stems from).

Esteemed Contributor

I can easily see a day in the not to distant future where it won't be an option on getting microchiped or not.

The boss will say if you want the job, you WILL be microchiped, or that if you want to keep your job, you will have to be microchiped.

Then the company can keep track of where you go in your off time.

For the record, I am 100% against this.