Esteemed Contributor

Re: Micro Needling For the Scalp

@SilleeMee  Because it would be used on the scalp are there any measures that should be taken to prevent infection before & after use? And how often would you recommend using it? Thanks again!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NicksmomESQ 

Use the stamp on a clean scalp, right after you shampoo. Dry or wet hair, makes no difference. Disinfect your device by soaking it in 70% alcohol for 10 minutes and let air dry completely before each use. After you are done rinse it under tap water then douse it with the alcohol and let air dry before placing the cap on. 

You can stamp once weekly for a month. On the second month do it twice weekly. After that just do it once monthly as a maintenance thing. Do not put anything on your scalp or hair for at least 24 hours after stamping.

Replace your stamp every 12 uses. If you accidentally drop the thing on the floor, do not use it b/c most likely the tips have gotten bent so toss it. 

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ 

If you are using a hair-growth topical, such as Rogaine, then use a stamp with shorter needles, 0.25mm. That length will help make the product absorb better. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee  I don't use Rogaine. I have thick hair & just started noticing some thinning. I think it's being caused by all the Covid related stress I've been under.

Thank you for sharing your expertise!!

Honored Contributor

You're welcome.Woman Happy @NicksmomESQ 

I've had hair loss problems my entire adult life. I understand how devastating it can be when you start losing your hair. Mine was so bad that I went bald for a whole year! I went to eight different doctors and none of them could give me a reason other than stress which I didn't have at that time. I think it was autoimmune-related b/c many years after that I was diagnosed with scleroderma. Hair loss is a symptom of that. I use a hair laser now and it's the only thing that has helped.