Honored Contributor

Re: Mick Jagger Postpones Tour To Have Stent Put In

@aubnwa01- I agree. They said he covers about 3 miles while on stage and that he runs every day to keep in shape and follows a healthy diet.

Better than many much younger people.  How many people do we see overweight and sedentary, heading for diabetes or worse?  And if, as one or two have said, he eventually "drops dead" during a concert - well, at least he'll die doing what he loves.

Valued Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

@Its Me LuLuBelle2  Last year in London and 2 years before on their last U.S. tour here in CA.  I think if you saw them now you would not be disappointed even though they are seniors.

@dulwich, not sure how old you are (and not asking), glad you enjoyed them.  A few years ago The Who performed at the Superbowl.  My husband and I found it cringeworthy - who again we had seen in concert way back in the day.  It seemed to be a 50/50 split between friends and on-line comments.

My point stands, we age, we ain't as good as we used to be.  I'd rather be remembered for the top of my game.  Just a personal opinion.  Again, wishing Mick the best.  LuLu

Respected Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2   I totally agree with you about The Who.

Valued Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

@Its Me LuLuBelle2   I totally agree with you about The Who.

Spoiler
Smiley Very Happy
Valued Contributor

giphy (1).gifHeartHeartWoman LOL

Respected Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2 wrote:

I certainly wish Mick the best, but let's get serious - I loved The Stones back in the day, but maybe, just maybe, it's time to give it up.  At this point these tours, IMHO, have more to do about ego than bucks. We all get old, no matter how "old" are significant others are.

I'm a big believer in embracing our age, lives well lived, and our accomplishments over those years rather than trying to run from the inevitable.  Let's live (and end) our lives with dignity and grace.  LuLu

...live our lives with dignity.

Does that mean sitting in a chair and whining about the world going by?

Does that mean not doing what you love because it just isn't "dignified"?

Does that mean no longer contributing anything positive ?

You may want to nod your way out of this life sitting in a chair. Not me. I'm going to use up every bit of me.

You definitely can't take it with you.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Remember that saying about musicians:

Musicians don't retire; they stop when there's no more music in them. 

In my personal experience, I have found that to be true.  Whether they are trained in classical music or are a rocker, musicians make music as long as they're able.

Honored Contributor

I wish Mick the best! He is still amazing on stage. He’s like the energizer bunny and can run rings around people half his age. He does not perform like an old man!
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@blackhole99 wrote:

Never was a MJ fan, but it doesn't surprise me he seems to have to work at his age, to enjoy life. I think it's sad the way the people who make money from Betty White, trot her out in public and pretend like she knows what she's doing. Tony Bennett is not quite as bad yet, but I don't know what these elders are trying to prove. IMO 75 is elderly, it doesn't mean you can't enjoy life, but you don't have to be in denial about your stage in life either.

Uh, did it ever occur to you that maybe Betty, and Tony and Mick are doing what they are doing because they want to, and (oh, my goodness!) even enjoy what they are doing?

Maybe they don't want to sit in the rocking chair just yet.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Trusted Contributor

I wish him the best.  They don't do what many acts consider a full tour these days - they play larger venues and the take, for them, is reportedly $10 million per night.    I think it would be interesting if they played an unplugged tour - less taxing on them physically.  However, this should be a cautionary tale to any fan:  see these bands while they are still here.  So many of our favorites are aging or have passed unexpectedly.  Love them in person.