Esteemed Contributor

Re: Mick Jagger Postpones Tour To Have Stent Put In

@SeaMaiden wrote:

The man is elderly...75 years old.  I am surprised he has not dropped dead on stage before now.  He should retire...write a book....back a movie made  on his life....and stop with the tours.  Enough is enough.

He just had another kid in 2018.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

What about Frankie Valli?  This year he will turn 85.  The video that comes up with the URL below was filmed two years ago.

Unbelievable!  True, he is mouthing the words to the songs, but he is strutting around and showing up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nXInWp7dmk

...and, of course, there is the truly phenomenal Tony Bennett (92 years old).

Esteemed Contributor

Right before reading about Mick yesterday, i heard a Rolling Stones song. I said to my husband Mick Jagger and Rod Stewart are in good shape because Mick dances and Rod plays soccer. Then I read about his heart needing a valve or valves!.. 

So I  looked on line. Mick not only dances daily and is trained in ballet, but he does yoga, runs, boxes, the list goes on.  He does it all. That is what has kept him in shape until this. I hope and pray he will be OK.

And I might add how about Keith Richards? Smokes like crazy, has no health issues. My dad smoked too (but not much a few a day) until he was 80. Never had nor did he die of  health issues pertaining to smoking/ 

Well you just never know what the future holds! 

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

He loves what he does.  He has a pretty active stage life.  I watch him sometimes and wonder, how does he get his to bend like that, lol!  Jumpin jack flash is right.  Anyway, I read his apology to his fans and thought, that was pretty nice of him to think so highly of his fans.  Especially the way things are today.  I love the stones, but my man has never been Mick...it os, sigh, Keith Richards.

Respected Contributor

Mick is like the energizer bunny keep those batteries going

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

I'm staggered by those who think age should determine how you live your life.

The days of sending people to "old folk's homes" to sit in their rocking chairs and see out their days until they die of sheer boredom are gone.  You know the phrase "use it or lose it"?  Well, that's what happens to people who think you should "accept the inevitable" and "age gracefully".  Piffle!!!  

"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas knew what he was talking about!

@Venezia .  Yes, amazing isn’t it what people think of age. I guess none of them know the age of the leaders of a lot of countries including ours.

Honored Contributor

Update on Mick from the NY Post:

“Thank you everyone for all your messages of support, I’m feeling much better now and on the mend – and also a huge thank you to all the hospital staff for doing a superb job,” he tweeted on Friday afternoon.

Earlier in the day, Jagger’s rep told Page Six in a statement, “Mick Jagger has successfully undergone treatment. He is doing very well and is expected to make a full recovery.”

Honored Contributor

For pity sake, retire. The man has got to have more than enough socked away to live more than comfortably. A great showman, but really, he's not going to last forever.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

As I've heard someone say, "See, here's the thing."  We don't live in an autocracy and we don't get to tell people how to live as long as it's legal and if it brings them joy.

I'm glad to hear the surgery went well.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

For pity sake, retire. The man has got to have more than enough socked away to live more than comfortably. A great showman, but really, he's not going to last forever.

Do you believe everyone over the age of 70 should retire?