Honored Contributor

Re: Mick Jagger Postpones Tour To Have Stent Put In

@SeaMaiden wrote:

The man is elderly...75 years old.  I am surprised he has not dropped dead on stage before now.  He should retire...write a book....back a movie made  on his life....and stop with the tours.  Enough is enough.

@SeaMaiden  - The man is in better shape than many half his age.

But perhaps we should just have people put down or confined, when they reach a certain age, if they don't have enough sense to retire? How dare he carry on being active and doing what he loves!

And aren't people stupid buying all those tickets to the concerts!

Respected Contributor

I think it is a valve replacement. DH had one at 75 too. He has a pig valve in place and it has worked out fine. I wish Mick well. 

Honored Contributor

Mick was photographed playing on the beach in Miami with his two year old son, Devereaux.    Two years old?    No wonder Mick's about to have a heart attack!  LOL

Valued Contributor

Mick is one of the best!  Wishing him well. No retirement necessary!

~ To Know, To Dare, To Will, To Remain Silent ~
Respected Contributor

I guarantee my man Mick will be back and jumpin’ around he always gives 100 percent and I am sure he will only tour again if he can do this - he will return!  Yahoo!

Esteemed Contributor

I wish Mick well!!!!

The Stones have all lived life to the fullest and are still touring!!!!  Obviously some posters have never seen Mick on stage for 90+ minutes moving all over the stage.  And, not every person is elderly at 75!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Never was a MJ fan, but it doesn't surprise me he seems to have to work at his age, to enjoy life. I think it's sad the way the people who make money from Betty White, trot her out in public and pretend like she knows what she's doing. Tony Bennett is not quite as bad yet, but I don't know what these elders are trying to prove. IMO 75 is elderly, it doesn't mean you can't enjoy life, but you don't have to be in denial about your stage in life either.

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

Never was a MJ fan, but it doesn't surprise me he seems to have to work at his age, to enjoy life. I think it's sad the way the people who make money from Betty White, trot her out in public and pretend like she knows what she's doing. Tony Bennett is not quite as bad yet, but I don't know what these elders are trying to prove. IMO 75 is elderly, it doesn't mean you can't enjoy life, but you don't have to be in denial about your stage in life either.

I have seen him on stage and he is a gifted talent. I highly doubt he is trying to prove anything but live his life as he sees fit. I would give anything to be able to move around the way that Mick still does. I feel like when I watch him in concert, I can live vicariously through him.

Our own John Hckynut,who posts on this board, continues to ice skate even though he is in his late 70's. His enthusiasm for moving around and exercising really inspires me as does Mick Jagger.

Respected Contributor

I'm building my Viking funeral pyre as we speak.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Respected Contributor

@Trinity11   I agree with your comments.  When you see the Stones live and see the way Mick works the ramps and stages he is doing what he loves - does not have to prove anything I believe he loves his offstage life and loves his tours and I, just one among hundreds, love to see him and the band.

I always come away from any good live show - and I go a lot - feeling happy not thinking how old the performers are but how great they are.  

So you see it works both ways this senior gets a big lift from watching other seniors who can still perform 100 percent.  Big plus I stand and dance all night - cannot sit when Mick on - so getting good exercise too!