Honored Contributor

Mick Jagger Postpones Tour To Have Stent Put In

The rock and rollers of my youth are now senior citizens.  

Mick Jagger will be having a stent put in his heart in NYC and therefore had to postpone his tour.  From Page Six of the NY Post:

"Rolling Stones rocker Mick Jagger is set to have a stent placed in his heart following the band's tour postponement Page Six has learned.

“You can be back at work within weeks” following the procedure, a source tells us. “But it could be because the health checks are all set into the insurance for the tour, maybe they’re being careful” by postponing the tour."

More to the article in the NY Post - check it online if interested.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Mick Jagger Postpones Tour To Have Stent Put In

I just heard it on the news. I wish Mick the best.There is no other like him!! 🤞

Honored Contributor

The man is elderly...75 years old.  I am surprised he has not dropped dead on stage before now.  He should retire...write a book....back a movie made  on his life....and stop with the tours.  Enough is enough.

Esteemed Contributor

From rollingstone.com

Mick Jagger will undergo surgery to replace a valve in his heart, Rolling Stone confirmed. As a result of the procedure and recovery period, the Rolling Stones postponed the North American leg of their No Filter tour, which ran from April 20th to July 29th.

When the postponement was initially announced, a rep for the band said, “Mick Jagger has been advised by doctors that he cannot go on tour at this time as he needs medical treatment. The doctors have advised Mick that he is expected to make a complete recovery so that he can get back on stage as soon as possible.”

Jagger said in a statement, “I really hate letting you down like this. I’m devastated for having to postpone the tour but I will be working very hard to be back on stage as soon as I can.”

Drudge Report first reported news of the heart valve surgery, adding that the procedure will take place Friday in New York and that Jagger is expected to make a full recovery and return to touring this summer. Despite the impending procedure, paparazzi caught Jagger in good spirits Sunday when the singer and his family visited Miami.

Ronnie Wood tweeted following the postponement, “We’ll miss you over the next few weeks, but we’re looking forward to seeing you all again very soon. Here’s to Mick ~ thanks for your supportive messages it means so much to us.”

Keith Richards added, “A big disappointment for everyone but things need to be taken care of and we will see you soon. Mick, we are always there for you!”

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

thought i heard it was a valve.....

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden @I have seen all his tours and while he does give a great show - even at his age - tend to agree maybe he should take it easier but I’ll bet he will be out on postponed tour  - which I do have tickets for  - but would hate to see him collapse on stage!

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

The man is elderly...75 years old.  I am surprised he has not dropped dead on stage before now.  He should retire...write a book....back a movie made  on his life....and stop with the tours.  Enough is enough.

I guess then Tony Bennett (93) who regularly performs, and Betty White (97) who regularly makes appearances should also retire.

Who else should step off stage and retire?  At what age should an entertainer retire.

There are many much younger entertainers I would like to see retire now, some not yet 30.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

All that rockin' and rollin' and shackin' is good for the heart, but it can't totally counteract all the smokin' and drinkin' and druggin'...so maybe it's a wash!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Marp wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I guess then Tony Bennett (93) who regularly performs, and Betty White (97) who regularly makes appearances should also retire.

Who else should step off stage and retire?  At what age should an entertainer retire.

There are many much younger entertainers I would like to see retire now, some not yet 30.

Definitely not McCartney!  He's going (or is) on tour also.  Someone asked me if I was interested in seeing him (again) in Las Vegas.  His voice isn't quite as good as in his Beatles days, but still great and his concert is fantastic!   It's over 3 hrs. - talk about getting your money's worth.  The guy doesn't want to leave the stage (and no opening act).  I'd like to see him the most of anyone performing, no matter what their age.  He's at the top of my list at almost 77 years of age (in June).  "She loves him, yeah, yeah, yeah yeaaaaaaah!"

Respected Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

thought i heard it was a valve.....

I also heard he was having heart valve replacement surgery.