Honored Contributor

According to Michael's, tomorrow is a big day for sales, especially for the Halloween village pieces at 40% off.  Reportedly, they go fast.

I was there today, asked about one village piece I didn't see on the shelves, and they got one for me from the back.  I also got several village items and witches which I can't wait to put up!

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Respected Contributor

Re: Michael's Halloween Sale

Noel thanks for the heads up on the sale. Since I was first married some 55 years ago i have loved to decorate for Halloween. I always put up orange or amber colored lights all over my shrubs and deck up and down my porch posts. In years past this home screamed fall and halloween. I have a basement full of decorations so I will have to see if I can get my family to drag my "stuff" up here and help me put it up. But tomorrow I will ask my sister to stop in Michaels and see if there is  something I need. I know she will be kicking and screaming that I don't need another thing.

Honored Contributor

@cater wrote:

Noel thanks for the heads up on the sale. Since I was first married some 55 years ago i have loved to decorate for Halloween. I always put up orange or amber colored lights all over my shrubs and deck up and down my porch posts. In years past this home screamed fall and halloween. I have a basement full of decorations so I will have to see if I can get my family to drag my "stuff" up here and help me put it up. But tomorrow I will ask my sister to stop in Michaels and see if there is  something I need. I know she will be kicking and screaming that I don't need another thing.

Hi Cater Smiley Happy

It's really nice to read about your decorating traditions.  I use strings of amber lights around the house, also!

I know what you mean about needing help dragging up all your decorations.  My daughter loves decorating so she and my husband do the honors of getting all the boxes out of the basement.  I have most of them in orange and black crates from Target, that helps, lol.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Noel mine are in big orange and black containers from Target also. When my daughter saw how many different bins I had and she was the one to go and find the halloween decorations she came out of the basement and said this will be the last time for this search. She went to target and bought I think 7 or 8 of the orange and black color.  I also about 10 years ago bought a halloween tree at KMart It is all black branches and is all done in orange lights and on the ends of the branches there are pumpkins that light up also. It is a 7ft tree or maybe a 6ft but it sure makes a statement in my bay window. Have fun decorating.

Respected Contributor

I'll be going this weekend. Thanks for the reminder.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

HALLOWEEN!  Love Halloween!  Looks like a Michaels run tomorrow!  Don't need a single thing, but I've got to look! Smiley Happy  May just run down to Party City, too.  They always have something to tempt me with.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

I got the cutest pillar candlestick there, shiny black and somewhat twisted and bent.  Then a striped black and white pillar candle to put on top, like the stripes they show in witch stockings.  Look for them, they're pretty darn cute Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I love Michaels!

The one near us always has good 

sales.  I didn't find anything I couldn't 

live without this time around but it's 

probably because I have a good supply

lol!  

I enjoy autumn and winter decorations!

Our Pier One has some fun things too.

😊

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Regular Contributor

Newziesuzie, I checked out pier one online and they do have cute things. Noel, they have many Day of the Dead items that are pretty cool (this is online, I don't know about the stores).   You may want to check them out.   CH

Honored Contributor

@CharleyHorse wrote:

Newziesuzie, I checked out pier one online and they do have cute things. Noel, they have many Day of the Dead items that are pretty cool (this is online, I don't know about the stores).   You may want to check them out.   CH

Thank you, CH Smiley Happy    I do want to check them out, I'm glad you told me!