Respected Contributor
On 2/23/2015 VanSleepy said: I didn't notice it, but I doubt it was nicotine gum. You don't chomp that; you park it in the corner of your mouth.

I've known a few men who used nicotine gum and they chomped big time.

Respected Contributor
On 2/23/2015 muttmom said:
On 2/23/2015 VanSleepy said: I didn't notice it, but I doubt it was nicotine gum. You don't chomp that; you park it in the corner of your mouth.

I've known a few men who used nicotine gum and they chomped big time.

Well, they didn't follow the directions lol
Trusted Contributor
As a side note, they interviewed one of Michael's brothers tonight on our local news who lives here. Apparently his real name is Michael Douglas but obviously there was already someone acting who has that name. So as his fave was Buster Keaton, he decided to go with Michael Keaton. Just a little trivia Smiley Happy
Valued Contributor
On 2/23/2015 brii said:

I wonder if it was nicotine gum. He chews as fast as Pete Carroll, the Seahawk Coach.

there you go...

Honored Contributor

Nerves maybe and maybe trying to take his mind off a smoke? There used to be 2 ladies at my church that were habitual gum chewers. Reminds me of that girl in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory! LOL!

She sat in front of me many times, and snapped and chomped, it was awful. I got up and moved one time. The other lady was about 80, and she smacked like a cow, then would slurp.... OMG. You would think their husband would tell them.

Honored Contributor
On 2/23/2015 TaxyLady said:

I believe Oprah made a remark about it in an after show interview. She said she wanted to go up and slap him. I don't like gum chewing either and can't stand someone who cracks their gum. I guess I have bad nerves or something.

Boy, Oprah really thinks she's the behavior police, doesn't she? {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

I bet Michael was nervous as a cat on a hot tin roof .... and like others said, he may be trying to quit smoking. It was his choice, but I bet a LOT of people had dry mouth and were very thirsty! {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Valued Contributor
On 2/24/2015 Tinkrbl44 said:

I believe Oprah made a remark about it in an after show interview. She said she wanted to go up and slap him. I don't like gum chewing either and can't stand someone who cracks their gum. I guess I have bad nerves or something.

Boy, Oprah really thinks she's the behavior police, doesn't she? {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

I bet Michael was nervous as a cat on a hot tin roof .... and like others said, he may be trying to quit smoking. It was his choice, but I bet a LOT of people had dry mouth and were very thirsty! {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

oprah was just mad because her movie was snubbed. American Sniper should have won it all..

Respected Contributor
One can chew gum and one can chomp gum. He was chomping. Not good.
Trusted Contributor

She seriously said that? Hmmmm. That remark is just as classless as chewing gum with your mouth open.

I've been Googling, but I can't find where she said it.

Trusted Contributor

I noticed this, too! Sorry ~ not a good look!

I could "hear" my grandmother saying, "Spit out that gum!".