Honored Contributor

Re: Michael Buble retires from the Music Biz

Wow. @sidsmom. No need for the character assassination. He’s narcissistic? Have you ever seen him in an interview? But you love the Kardashians, right? 🤷🏻‍♀️
Honored Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
Wow. @sidsmom. No need for the character assassination. He’s narcissistic? Have you ever seen him in an interview? But you love the Kardashians, right? 🤷🏻‍♀️

@bikerbabe

Obviously you didn’t read the article,

He said it himself.

The celebrity narcissism. I started to crumble. But then I started to wonder why I wanted to do this in the first place.“

And yep, I don’t have a problem with the Kardashians.

They are true to their word. Like the majority of people.

Honored Contributor

I find little to admire about the Kardashians. In fact, I think they are a reflection and promoters of so much that is wrong with social media.
Yes, I did read the article. My comment was with regard to your seemingly low opinion of him.
Honored Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
I find little to admire about the Kardashians. In fact, I think they are a reflection and promoters of so much that is wrong with social media.
Yes, I did read the article. My comment was with regard to your seemingly low opinion of him.

It's hard to know whether he misspoke, was misquoted, something he said was misconstrued, he outright lied, the Mirror outright lied, or if the more recent reports that it's not true he's retiring are in error... Any way you slice it, he's vastly different from the K-clan... We can start with the fact that he's actually got talent and go from there...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@cherry wrote:

He is extremely popular. I don't think he needs to scam anyone to sell his recordings...

Nor do I @cherry. The very thought is outright unforgivable and then actually posting it? No words.

You know sometimes I read things on this forum that make my blood boil and frankly make me sick to my stomach.

Claiming that this is some kind of a scam when the man has a child who has been suffering from cancer is despicable. Maybe if you have no children and can't fathom the kind of love a parent has for their child? Then again maybe not because I know many people with no children who have empathy for a family in crisis.

Simply inexcusable.

@Trinity11  So now we are shaming people with no children?  Really?  People with no children also have people they love and cherish.  I know a lot of people with and without empathy who have lots of kids, no kids, only have empathy for the family dog and whatever.  The big problem is lumping people together because of kids, no kids, race, religion, etc. and making generalizations about them. 

Respected Contributor

His choice. I admire him. 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@cherry wrote:

He is extremely popular. I don't think he needs to scam anyone to sell his recordings...

Nor do I @cherry. The very thought is outright unforgivable and then actually posting it? No words.

You know sometimes I read things on this forum that make my blood boil and frankly make me sick to my stomach.

Claiming that this is some kind of a scam when the man has a child who has been suffering from cancer is despicable. Maybe if you have no children and can't fathom the kind of love a parent has for their child? Then again maybe not because I know many people with no children who have empathy for a family in crisis.

Simply inexcusable.

@Trinity11  So now we are shaming people with no children?  Really?  People with no children also have people they love and cherish.  I know a lot of people with and without empathy who have lots of kids, no kids, only have empathy for the family dog and whatever.  The big problem is lumping people together because of kids, no kids, race, religion, etc. and making generalizations about them. 

For god's sake, re-read what I said @Sooner. I clearly stated I know many people with No children who have empathy.

Go scold someone else.

Honored Contributor

They have been through life altering times. 

My guess is that he will focus on family for now, but when the kids grow up and make their own lives (and we all know that happens so quickly) he will revisit his priorities and desires, most likely returning to what he knows and what he does so well. 

Honored Contributor

As of today, he states that it was all a lie and to consider the source of the article. He has NO PLANS of retiring from the music biz.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SahmIam wrote:

As of today, he states that it was all a lie and to consider the source of the article. He has NO PLANS of retiring from the music biz.

Oh. My. Gosh. So it’s not true? 

(acts surprised)

This is so incredibly predictable, it’s funny.

All the ‘false’ news articles released r.i.g,h.t before the album release.

Marketing 101.

So...his family isn’t a priority right now? 

Either way you chop it, it makes him look bad.

Sounds like the one quote he focused on...

which was what he didn’t want to be a part of is turning out to be true:

“celebrity narcissism.”  

He proved my point (and other posters before me, I might add)...

using his sick family member as a marketing tool. wow.