Honored Contributor

They keep building a nest inside my grill, put bate traps inside, but this keeps happening.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Valued Contributor

What if you tried to put a few cottonballs sprinkled with peppermint oil inside? I've heard that mice do not like that smell.

Respected Contributor

They don't, supposedly, but I live on a greenbelt and peppermint oil did absolutely nothing.  I am terrified of mice (everybody's got a deal--snakes, mice or spiders).  Even Terminix recommends the good old snap traps, but I have a big issue with them and that is I would go broke throwing them away because there is no way my hand is getting that close to a dead mouse to empty out the trap.

There are some more high tech traps that the dead body is hidden and you throw the whole thing away.

@goldensrbest, you have my deepest sympathy.  And I'm being completely sincere.

Honored Contributor

Is there any way to close up the openings in the grill where they are getting inside?

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest,

I know you don't like what's happening, but it appears you are overrun with mice.  The good thing about the mice building nests in your grill, is that they have chosen to build in a place where you discover them quickly, and get rid of them.   Keep setting traps there for as long as it takes, but you also need to address other areas around your property, as I assure you they are not just building in your grill.   

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest  Stuff the openings in the grill with steel wool.  Just don't forget to take it out before you cook, then put it back. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I have fresh peppermint growing,so i put some into the grill ,no way to close up opening really, i will get some heavy poison.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

I feel really bad for you .... I would get rid of the grill and buy a grill that you can take inside like a George Forman grill ... I would never be able to cook on a grill where mice made nests and traps were set .... I would not be able to eat the food.

Honored Contributor

MEOW !!!!!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Mice problem

[ Edited ]

@goldensrbest wrote:

I have fresh peppermint growing,so i put some into the grill ,no way to close up opening really, i will get some heavy poison.

Poison isn't a good idea, if you have any other kinds of pets or animals around.  They could easily get into it or even ingest it, if they ate (or played with) a mouse that was poisoned.

Have you tried the Victor Electonic Traps?  I bought them on Amazon and they're easy to use and effective.  Kills the mouse in a split second and then all you have to do is open the top and tip the "deceased" into the trash.  No risk of any other creature being accidentally poisoned that way.

These traps have a blinking light on top to let you know when there's a body to be disposed of!  You could set one inside your grill and probably after a few incidents, the mice will learn to stay away.  (That's the case with the ones I use in my garage.)