Respected Contributor

Re: Miami resident staying in his 50th floor high rise apt...

@bittersweet wrote:

Moron ...... doesn't he realize that emergency services will have to waste their time digging him out of the elevator shaft on Monday.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Valued Contributor

He'll probably be sharing his space with all the media they leave down there.

I wonder if the ones they leave outside are tethered to anything?

Esteemed Contributor

My Dad ( a Physicist and EE) used to have us kids practice "Duck and Cover"in the front passenger seat of car (in case of auto accident).  Of course this was the era of Duck and Cover drills in school (in case of H  bomb).

Honored Contributor

Like they say: You can't fix stupid. 

I wonder if he's added his stupid gene to the gene pool? Let's hope not.

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

I think the Florida Governor should've used the Port Aransas line of

"write your name & SSN on your arm" as a warning to those who

want to 'ride it out.'

Powerful words. 

@sidsmom  He should have! At least in the cases of folks deciding to 'ride it out', when they get their 5 minutes of fame on tv or social media, that should work as good as having a SS# for IDing and understanding why the person/s are MIA...or where to look when it's all over...

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Reminds me why my mother didn't believe in seatbelts. She just knew that she would be able to get out of the car in time.

@suzyQ3

I used to work for a guy who said he didn't wear a seatbelt because in the event of a collision he wanted to be "thrown clear of the wreck".

@QueenDanceALot, yeah, that too.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Regular Contributor

Prayers to all in the path of hurricane and all are safe, and the resident in the high 

rise good luck if the power go out and he's struck in the elevator I hate when some people knowingly put themselves in danger and put others to rescue them. 

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.
Robert Frost

Esteemed Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Reminds me why my mother didn't believe in seatbelts. She just knew that she would be able to get out of the car in time.

@suzyQ3

I used to work for a guy who said he didn't wear a seatbelt because in the event of a collision he wanted to be "thrown clear of the wreck".

I don't understand how anyone with half a brain would say something as dumb as that, let alone a full brain. 

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

I just can't imagine going thru these hurricanes, storms, floods -- especially when u have nowhere to go except a shelter. Losing ur home/cars and more is so devastating. My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone in this situation. As long is u have ur life --- everything else can be accumulated again.

Frequent Contributor

What us the point of staying?  You can't save your home or belongings.  The only reason to stay is if you want to endanger your life.  In that case, you have no business endangering anyone else's.

It's the little things.