Respected Contributor

Re: Miami resident staying in his 50th floor high rise apt...

Idiot. 

So be it. 

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@phoenixbrd wrote:

I've seen a couple of Florida residents interviewed who are planning on "weathering the storm" saying "hopefully we will be ok"!   I guess things mean more than their lives....sad.

Just saw a Florida woman (who has 2 babies!) say, well, she made it through Andrew so she hopes/thinks they'll be O.K.

Some people are just dim.

Honored Contributor

I think the Florida Governor should've used the Port Aransas line of

"write your name & SSN on your arm" as a warning to those who

want to 'ride it out.'

Powerful words. 

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@phoenixbrd wrote:

I've seen a couple of Florida residents interviewed who are planning on "weathering the storm" saying "hopefully we will be ok"!   I guess things mean more than their lives....sad.

Just saw a Florida woman (who has 2 babies!) say, well, she made it through Andrew so she hopes/thinks they'll be O.K.

This woman should have let someone take the babies while she choses to stay.  How selfish of her to let her babies die.

Esteemed Contributor

People near me are saying, "We saw Matthew and it wasn't bad."

A hurricane, is a hurricane, is a hurricane!

Honored Contributor

Can you just imagine if this storm isn't devastating to Florida how many people will just shrug their shoulders the next time a hurricane is threatening?

Honored Contributor

@Zhills  The print in your msg is so small I can scarcely see it.  Much smaller than anyone else's.  Wonder why? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

Can you just imagine if this storm isn't devastating to Florida how many people will just shrug their shoulders the next time a hurricane is threatening?

@QueenDanceALot  That's just not going to happen...

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

Well, I can't say that I hope you're right.

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@phoenixbrd wrote:

This woman should have let someone take the babies while she choses to stay.  How selfish of her to let her babies die.

I always remember yrs back a Mom who had 2 sons stayed and the most awful thing happened...a large huge tree crashed thur the home...the 2 boys were in the family room and both were crushed.  I just never forget this story and the Mom of course regretted her decision later but I still think of those boys (I have 3 sons) so young...it's just not worth the risk in my mind...be inconvienced for awhile...if nothing happens to your home while your gone and you left anyway so what? No harm no foul...you, your children....lived.