Honored Contributor

Miami resident staying in his 50th floor high rise apt...

[ Edited ]

Just saw the report on ABC news. It was also stated about winds will be much higher at that height...140 mph winds will be 220 mph winds. When the resident was told that he just said he'll just go into the elevator because it is "like a fortress in there"...

Well, alrighty then...and I hope he keeps his finger on the 'open door' button just before the power goes out...

Otherwise he is more prepared than most...he has a parachute and plans on literally riding it out all the way to GA up in the air...

Honestly, some people...SMH

Super Contributor

Re: Miami resident staying in his 50th floor high rise apt...

He has more money than sense. 

Esteemed Contributor

And this fool will be one of the first people to call 9-1-1 at the height of the storm to rescue his sorry hind-quarters.

It has already been said, the first responders will NOT be going out when it's bad out.

In other words, they are not going to put their lives on the line when this storm hits.

I don't have sympathy for stupid people like him.

Honored Contributor

Reminds me why my mother didn't believe in seatbelts. She just knew that she would be able to get out of the car in time.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

Pretty stupid move!! The guy must have a death wish!!

Esteemed Contributor

Love, love, love your hummingbird picture. Heart

@Susan Louise wrote:

Just saw the report on ABC news. It was also stated about winds will be much higher at that height...140 mph winds will be 220 mph winds. When the resident was told that he just said he'll just go into the elevator because it is "like a fortress in there"...

Well, alrighty then...and I hope he keeps his finger on the 'open door' button just before the power goes out...

Otherwise he is more prepared than most...he has a parachute and plans on literally riding it out all the way to GA up in the air...

Honestly, some people...SMH

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Valued Contributor

Moron ...... doesn't he realize that emergency services will have to waste their time digging him out of the elevator shaft on Monday.

Esteemed Contributor

All brawn and no brains... Robot tongue

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Reminds me why my mother didn't believe in seatbelts. She just knew that she would be able to get out of the car in time.

@suzyQ3

I used to work for a guy who said he didn't wear a seatbelt because in the event of a collision he wanted to be "thrown clear of the wreck".

Honored Contributor

I've seen a couple of Florida residents interviewed who are planning on "weathering the storm" saying "hopefully we will be ok"!   I guess things mean more than their lives....sad.