Honored Contributor

Metro mile Car insurance

[ Edited ]

Do any of you use this? It is insurance for people who do not drive very much. Has decent ratings.  My husband and I both retired hardly use our cars, and when we do it is to the store 2 miles from home. We have had Farmers insurance for 40 years....never made one claim and pay about $800 a year per car.  

I think pay per mile insurance makes more sense now that we are not driving everyday. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Metro mile Car insurance

When I google Metro mile Car insurance I get sent to all other car insurance sites

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

i know that on some car insurances you can claim that the car is driven less than 5000 miles per year. i know that it is noted on my mothers insurance. that definitely brings the cost down for her.

i would see what your  regular car insurance can do for you.....or get quotes from other major insurance companies or from a broker. i dont know where you live, but i highly recommend ERIE insurance if it is available in your area.  have never heard of metro mile car insurance.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

My car is 14 years old and has only 53,000 on it.  I could use a break although my rate isn't terrible.  I most just run errands locally.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Every car insurance I've ever had has asked my yearly mileage, and most give discounts for under 10-12,000 mi.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

I wouldn't touch this outfit with a 10 foot pole. There's something about them that just doesn't seem right.

I'll stick with USAA that I've had for eons!