Honored Contributor

Re: Metformin might reduce the risk of dementia and slow cognitive decline

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

If this is true, then why hasn't Alzheimer's been cured already?

@Anonymous032819 @This is a small observational study. Much further investigation is necessary. Moreover, this study did not look for Alzheimer's, it looked for overall cognitive decline and dementia.Not all dementia is Alzheimer's.

Honored Contributor

@roster wrote:

Study is too small to draw any conclusions.

@roster @It's just new information. It's just providing the impetus for much more research before any conclusions can be drawn. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
Honored Contributor

I’m pretty sure simply cleaning up one’s diet - eliminating sugars and processed/fake foods - will actually do a better job than the drug. Most modern day diseases are caused by the modern fake foods most people consume.

Honored Contributor

Don't know if I agree with that. I have nothing to base what we went through  with anything else.  ( Both were involved).

Esteemed Contributor

I hope that's true since I've taken Metformin for decades! 

Probably giving up sugars and "whites" will do a person's body and brain more good than any diabetic medication ever will.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

I’m pretty sure simply cleaning up one’s diet - eliminating sugars and processed/fake foods - will actually do a better job than the drug. Most modern day diseases are caused by the modern fake foods most people consume.

@willdob3 @You might enjoy this research on your post. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwi57sKliIXsAhUFKa0KHTybD7QQ...