Honored Contributor

Meteorologist Dave Schwartz of the Weather Channel just died!

OMG! In tears here...RIP Dave...you will be sorely missed Smiley Sad

I have been watching Dave since the Weather Channel began...always had been one of my favorites...Very Sad Day...

Respected Contributor

Re: Meteorologist Dave Schwartz of the Weather Channel just died!

I was sorry to read that. He was great on air with a gift of projecting friendliness and warmth while explaining various weather phenomena. I'm a bit of a weather geek, so I enjoyed him. He fought cancer for a long time and actually beat the odds, given that he had pancreatic cancer first, I believe. 

Respected Contributor

That's so sad Smiley Sad   

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

That's too bad.  I had seen him recently.  He looked as though he was ill.  He was VERY thin.  Website said that he had Cancer. 

RIP.  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

I was so sad to read this on Facebook last night.  He's struggled with cancer for several years.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

I just recently saw him on Weather Underground on The Weather Channel, and yes, he did look thin, but I was hoping for the best in his fight against cancer.

He will be sorely missed.

My thoughts and prayers goes out to his family, friends, and everybody at The Weather Channel.

May he rest in peace.

Respected Contributor

Oh...so sad! I always liked watching him. He was the one who always said, "My friend." I'm a bit of a weather geek too. So often, I have the Weather Channel on just for background noise. I read that he beat pancreatic cancer...only to die from stomach cancer. My aunt died of pancreatic cancer at age 61...not an easy way to go. Life is not fair sometimes. May he RIP.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli