Esteemed Contributor

I had asked on here if anyone thought the plates in my neck would set off metal detectors. Well we went to my 1 granddaughters graduation at a big arena and I did indeed set off the metal detector and had to be body scanned.

However, the man said it wasn't the plates in my neck, it was my bracelet..Oops! lol.

The graduation was lovely, but I'll tell ya this is why I don't fly anymore. (long lines @ airports) We waited over 1 hour in line (blocks long), in almost 90 degree weather, because of the metal detector scanning, as well as them checking purses. (They threw out many water bottles people had, and people weren't happy but rules are rules!).

I was glad we went of course. I wouldn't have missed it for the world! But, I saw elderly people with those things like Q sells, that you push and can sit on to rest. I said to DH, I should have one of those b/c I had trouble standing long in line. (To which DH said yeah right you wont use that, when you hardly listen and use your cane..lol..).

And the topper is.. I get to do it all over again this weekend when we go to a concert arena with..you guessed it... metal detectors lol..PS I wont wear any metal bracelets Smiley Wink

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

Re: Metal detector follow up

@Shorty2U The last time we flew, my underwire bra set them offWoman LOL

Pulled over and had to have a pat down.

Honored Contributor

@Sister Golden Hair wrote:

@Shorty2U The last time we flew, my underwire bra set them offWoman LOL

Pulled over and had to have a pat down.

@Sister Golden Hair---OH!!!  My goodness!!  THAT is unreal!

Honored Contributor

The last time I flew, I had on 7 silver bracelets and they said I didn't need to take them off.  That was 2 years ago.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Beats me........I used to set the one off at Target.    I don't any more.........  (I have a pound of metal in my leg)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

WEll, do you know how to make an entrance or what! LOL.

Sounds like it was very nice.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My knee replacements set the metal detector off.  I wasn't sure if it would but,  sure enough, it did!  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have an artificial neck...man-made bones with an insane number of titanium screws holding it all together. Never have I set off a detector...tg.  But that doesn't mean I won't someday. Smiley Frustrated Thankfully I don't travel much these days.Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Every time I go through the metal detectors at the airport my right knee sets it off.  I have never had any surgery on my knee or injury to my knee.  I can't figure out what is wrong but they need to pat me down everytime.

Honored Contributor

I have 2 titanium plates holding one arm together, but I don't set off alarms at the airport or stores thankfully!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.