Trusted Contributor

Met up with my co-worker, a HUGE QVC fan

Went to a late Christmas party yesterday with old co-workers. I knew my one friend would be there. She is one of the greatest QVC shoppers that I've known. She gave us gifts from the Q, a Temp-Tations snow globe. A Christmas tree and Gingerbread house, music boxes. She was wearing QVC bracelets, rings and earrings. She updated me on her Joan Rivers purchases. Dished the dirt about Lisa R.

I haven't bought anything from QVC for over 2 years, now. I hardly watch it now, either but it was fun to see this friend still excited about QVC!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Met up with my co-worker, a HUGE QVC fan

turns out my sons girlfriend is a big QVC shopper...she is young so I didn't expect it...her and I were talking products and hosts ....fun time....

Esteemed Contributor

Everyone that I have mentioned QVC to never heard of them or any of the other shopping channels out there. Very interesting thread.

Respected Contributor

Sometimes when I am travelling, I can spot several recent TSVs on my fellow travelers. Once, going into Chang's here where I live, a lady going out was wearing a QVC blouse I own myself, but thankfully I wasn't wearing it that day!

Respected Contributor

That's nice. Several co-workers are big time QVC shoppers, they also watch QVC on tv. I don't really do that much anymore, I shop from QVC.com. We talk "QVC" all the time. We are the QVC sorority. Interestingly, we all have such different personalities and lifestyles that we all buy different things. My younger sister occasionally buys something from QVC. Other than that, I never come across anyone who is (or admits to being) a QVC shopper. I never see anyone wearing a QVC item, not one I recognize anway. A co-worker who is not part of our QVC group surprised me when she came into my office to show off her new GILI Roma 2 bag but buying it was a fluke for her. She was bored and channel hopping and she came across a QVC show and recognized the bag as a bag that I own (I own 3) that she loved and she ordered it. She's young, 30ish and she likes mall shopping. So, buying something from QVC was a one time thing for her.

Super Contributor

Some of my friends and family that I talk to know all about the home shopping channels - QVC, HSN, Shop HQ. I used to be a huge jewelry fan of QVC, but then I found a much better selection on Amazon. Don't most people nowadays do a lot of online shopping? I know I do.

Esteemed Contributor

I volunteer at an Historical landmark and during our appreciation brunch, another volunteer was wearing, Quackery factory leggings and matching jacket, tshirt with Joan Rivers big necklace, Clark's boots, and carrying the G.L.I. Ostrich bag. We naturally got to talking and figured we are soul sisters. She is tall, thin and beautiful, so she made these items of clothing look like expensive designer clothes. Everything she was wearing, I have also in different colors.
Honored Contributor

My co-workers don't know what qvc is and don't shop on line in general. My family knows of qvc, but doesn't shop online. I've ordered things from the q for my mother, but my sister wouldn't be caught dead with anything from the q.
Esteemed Contributor

I read one of the funniest stories here years ago. I can't remember the whole story exactly but it happened to either the OP and or the OP's mom. I remember it so well because it was when Qwacker Factory was really popular with the older ladies and their Christmas sweaters were really popular. My mom had ordered a couple of Christmas sweaters from QF that year.

THe OP (or her mom) was in Costco shopping and she was wearing a QF sweater and leggings. This lady came up to her and said "Qwack, Qwack". The OP thought it was funny and went about shopping and this lady followed her around the whole store, not saying anything to her but just qwacked. I literally could not stop laughing. Every time I am in Costco, I laugh thinking about that.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Super Contributor

That sounds like so much fun. I wish I knew someone else who liked QVC. I did run into a woman at the tax office while paying my property taxes who had one of the Quacker Factory sweater ornaments hanging on a chain as a necklace. I told her I had the same ornaments. She said she had bought the set and kept one and gave some of the other ladies in the office each one. That was neat.