Valued Contributor

What a joke I guess there's no inflation for them

Trusted Contributor
Jeez. It's a charity event. What's to criticize? Do you not think we should have museums? The same people who yell about charity vs tax payer funded are now complaining that the Metropolitan Museum of Art raises its own money. Can't win.
Honored Contributor

Re: Met Gala 2022

[ Edited ]

JamandBread and The Washington Post reminded me of something I've read before but have forgotten.  From today's Post coverage of the Met Gala:

"This gala actually has a noble cause, to fund the Met's Costume Institute, which is currently putting on an exhibition called 'In America: An Anthology of Fashion,' in which filmmakers such as Martin Scorsese and Sofia Coppola have paired with curators to reinterpret moments of that era."

Honored Contributor

@qbetzforreal wrote:

@50Mickey wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

Every time I see Khloe Kardashian she looks less and less like Khloe Kardashian.

@faeriemoon    My thoughts exactly. She has bought herself an entirely new body from head to toe. If she had not been identified in the picture I would have had no clue who this woman was. 

Growing up she considered herself the fat, ugly sister.  Hence the metamorphsis.

@qbetzforreal Plus there has always been the rumors about her being OJ Simpson's daughter... Look at real old pics of herl!

Honored Contributor

Blake Lively is gorgeous!!!!

Respected Contributor
The gowns posted here aren't as bad as a few I've seen; I think some are very pretty.

That said, this appears to be one of the most snobbish events, ever. I have to laugh, too, at the museum being called an "invaluable public asset." LOL For whom? (Check out their web site.) Certainly not mere mortals--the public--who, as a condition of entering the museum where this event took place, must comply with rules these special people evidently didn't have to comply with. And check out some of the photos, with elites being tended to. I'd rather just look at and admire the attire, rather rather than see "pictures which are worth a thousand words."

What worries you masters you.
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is going off topic

Honored Contributor

I scrolled through the 200+ pix that were in the NY Times.  I saw maybe half a dozen outfits that looked decent, a couple by Michael Kors.  And recognized even fewer wearers of the outfits.  What a shindig!!!

Honored Contributor

I can't believe some here are "anti-art museum."  

Honored Contributor
I can understand not liking all the attendees but I don’t understand trash-talking an art museum.