Valued Contributor

Message "script stopped working" ???

Does anyone know why I get this message when I click on particular items? I get it often, most recently this a.m. when I clicked on the diamonique earrings. Only the photo comes up on the page, no details, no choices, no prices. Just the box that says "A script on this page has stopped working" and I can click Continue, stop script, or cancel.

I am on Firefox, windows 7.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Message "script stopped working" ???

Zita, most of the time when I get an error like that it is because the page you are trying to reach is loading slowly.  Because many sites, including QVC's are so graphics heavy with pop up ads, etc. loading, along with what you actually want to view, it takes longer and may cause your computer to freeze up.

I have an older computer with windows 7 on it as well and it is slow to load but I'm not in the market to buy a new computer just yet so I just find I have to wait and sometimes things will load and sometimes they won't.

Valued Contributor

Thanks for the explanation. It just happened with IM's sweater in Lunchtime Specials, too. However, I'm not about to buy a new PC so I'll just pass on these purchases.

Esteemed Contributor

This  always happens on my computer when I install Adobe Flash Player ... it never, never works with my anti-virus suite, Kaspersky.   I get that message repeatedly using Firefox.  

If I need to watch, say, the video for a particular item on this site, I install Adobe, watch the video ... then uninstall it right after.