Honored Contributor

Re: Message from plaid pants

@spumoni99 , This brought tears to my eyes although I don’t remember plaid pants very well and probably did not interact with her.  But is something that can affect all of us if we, yourselves, live long enough.

Please give my condolences to plaid pants along with the others.  There, but for the grace of God, go I.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Give her my prayers when you talk with her.  She has been missed and I do remember how much she loved her father.  Blessings to you @Plaid Pants.  You have not been forgotten.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

@plaid pants

My condolences on the loss of your father ... may he rest in peace.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sending my deepest condolences to plaidpants.😞❤️

Highlighted
Super Contributor

So sorry for your loss, Plaidpants.  Something in your words about telling your Dad it was okay to go.  When Mom was near death I was reading something about end of life and how your loved one is reluctant to die in front of you because it would be rude.  I know this is a sad time, but I remember laughing out loud when I read that.  I was fortunate to be with Mom when she died and I did, indeed, tell her I loved her and it was okay to go. 

Strength be with you.

Honored Contributor

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your father, plaidpants.  I know your words to him at the end were important for both of you.

You are well-remembered and I always loved your posts.

Thank you, @spumoni99 

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

I also send my condolences to Plaid Pants.

I remember her lovely posts about dinners with her father that touched my heart.

I hope that she is well.

Honored Contributor

3A505CF6-2C63-4A82-9709-BCD3FCF4005A.jpeg

Honored Contributor

See the source image

You did your duty as a daughter and you loved him with everything you had.  My heart hurts for you.  My hugs and strength are sent to you. 

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

@spumoni99, thank you so much for posting this and letting us know.  Please add me to the others in expressing my condolences to Plaidpants.  I have wondered about her and her father for some time.  

My heart just goes out to her and I know this is a very difficult loss for her.  She was such a good daughter and worried so much about her father.  I hope she will find some comfort in knowing so many here remember her and wish her the very best.  Thanks again.  Heart 

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *