Trusted Contributor

Re: Merry Christmas!! NOT!!!

Preds your DH does some nice work. He needs to get on QVC what's the item # 📞☎️ Love all kinds of wood creations.
Honored Contributor

@Vickiv wrote:
Preds your DH does some nice work. He needs to get on QVC what's the item # 📞☎️ Love all kinds of wood creations.

Hahaha ... Item #noway!  Thank you.  It's how he relaxes and I want it to stay that way. Smiley Happy

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Valued Contributor

Hallmark is showing Christmas this weekend- very strange!

Esteemed Contributor

PREDS... Tell your DH that those are beautiful wood carvings!  Great job.  I agree, he should sell them and at the Q!  Hey, you could be the vendor and we'd tune in to watch you....yay!

As far as xmas purchasing today - nope, not me.  I have too much from years of buying and for the past two years, I stocked up on items from Lisa Robertson's xmas decor.  I am glad I did, since she is no longer here.  Lisa's items are so elegant and stunning.  I miss Lisa and it's just not the same without her presenting xmas. so, good news - I am saving money!  Have a great day everyone!

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

My uncle carved wood made so many unique things. I have some of his work. Takes time and patience . He also did it for a hobby for over 50 years.
Honored Contributor

I maybe, MAYBE can get behind Christmas in July on July 25.  However, I think this is ridiculous to have an all day x-mas event on July 1 and another 2 day x-mas in July event the 18th and 19th of this month.

And of course we all know, this is the beginning of the x-mas push for QVC.  From now until the actual day, it is full steam ahead for QVC and x-mas shows.  There will be at least 1 day every month from now through December of nothing but x-mas programming.     

Trusted Contributor

I don't mind it.  It is better than a day of Apple, Dyson, Clarisonic or WEN.  We all know these days are intended to clear out old merchandise for the most part.  I vowed that, this year, I wouldn't buy anything, but Valerie is tempting me with mercury glass products.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Preds wrote:

faerie ... having a bored DH would drive me crazier.  LOL

Donna ... he makes them for us and then to keep him busy I'll tell him that DD sure would like one of those and off he goes to make something for her. Smiley Happy

smart cookie!! Tell him all your friends here want one too LOL

They are really cute, much better than the fiber optic stuff they sell here.

Respected Contributor

I really dislike these shows. I understand that it is an online shopping service and it might take a while to get to people, but seriously - 6 MONTHS before Christmas?

talk about s-ucking the life out it.

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Honored Contributor

When my Dad was alive, he and my stepmother used to LOVE this ....... apparently the easy pays allow seniors on a budget to get a head start on Christmas shopping with easy pay so regular holiday shopping was less "painful".