Honored Contributor

Re: Merry Christmas!! NOT!!!

@Preds wrote:

@dmod nj wrote:

ITA with you all!

The stores are FILLED with Xmas in July. *sigh*

So is my kitchen.  DH has been making wooden bells, toy soldiers, snowcouples, and penguins.  They are "visiting" the countertops until we find a place to store them 'till Christmas.  LOL

Are they ornaments?  Are they gifts? 

Esteemed Contributor

I wish they would stop with this silly"Christmas in July"nonsense already. Who wants to think about Christmas when July 4th holiday has not even come or gone yet. Who ever thought of this notion should have his or her head examined.Woman Frustrated

Esteemed Contributor

I love it! Christmas in July has been around as far back as I can remember here in the NYC met. Area. I love the goodwill during the holidays...it is a break from the same ole same ole merchandise every day ...and I look forward to opening the packages again in December because I forget what I purchase. The selections in July are better than during the season. I purchase unusual items at this time.
Honored Contributor

faerie ... having a bored DH would drive me crazier.  LOL

Donna ... he makes them for us and then to keep him busy I'll tell him that DD sure would like one of those and off he goes to make something for her. Smiley Happy

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

@brii wrote:

@Preds wrote:

@dmod nj wrote:

ITA with you all!

The stores are FILLED with Xmas in July. *sigh*

So is my kitchen.  DH has been making wooden bells, toy soldiers, snowcouples, and penguins.  They are "visiting" the countertops until we find a place to store them 'till Christmas.  LOL

Are they ornaments?  Are they gifts? 

They could be large ornaments but I end up framing them and then we can hang them around the house or stand them up in holders.  Honestly I don't know what I'm going to do with all of the, but I'll think of something.  He is learning Intarsia and is having a ball.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

A happy, busy husband means an even happier wife.   Preds, you are a smart cookie. lol

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

@dmod nj wrote:

A happy, busy husband means an even happier wife.   Preds, you are a smart cookie. lol

This is hanging in my kitchen right now!  LOL  He says it's us!

Honored Contributor

@Preds wrote:

faerie ... having a bored DH would drive me crazier.  LOL

Donna ... he makes them for us and then to keep him busy I'll tell him that DD sure would like one of those and off he goes to make something for her. Smiley Happy

Ha!!  That's a fact!!! thumbs up

Honored Contributor

Preds, he made that?  It's so cute.  What a treasure!

Honored Contributor

Wow, Preds.  So he's not just gluing glitter onto styrofoam balls.  You've got yourself an artiste!! thumbs up

Nice job!