Respected Contributor

@Jacie wrote:

I dread springtime/summer when the men break out the sandals and their feet are a combination of over grown hooves, callouses and who knows what else. If they honestly knew that people notice, they might get a pedicure!

If you have a guy who won't get a professional pedicure, please get him his own Emjoi!

same goes for women,I see some nasty feet in summer sandals...

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45

Thank you for the tip advise.  I was told the treatment will take approximately 45-50 minutes.

The $5 senior tx:  Feet will be soaked, bottom of feet & heel scraped if needed, oil massaged which includes the ankles, toe nails cut, buffed & polished.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@sunshine45

Thank you for the tip advise.  I was told the treatment will take approximately 45-50 minutes.

The $5 senior tx:  Feet will be soaked, bottom of feet & heel scraped if needed, oil massaged which includes the ankles, toe nails cut, buffed & polished.

@Mz iMac

that is a great deal. if i could find a deal like that around my area i would go every week! do they do the same pricing for manicures?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Maudelynn wrote:

My husband gets pedicures.  He loves having his feet rubbed.  He also gets a facial  every 6 weeks.  His skin and feet look great.Woman Tongue

My SO gets his facial done at the barber shop.  Like your hubby, every 6 weeks.

I went w/him once & got one too!  Those hot towels on your face feel really good.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45

Yes same deal for manis.  Your area may have the same deal.  You have to ask for the Sr rate.

The shop I inquired about a Sr rate, did advise I will have to show my ID.  You must be 65+ to get the rate.

Barbar shops is my area, Sr rates start at ages 50 to 55.  Metro areas it's 65.

Honored Contributor

My hubby dresses well and is meticulously groomed.  He's been getting manicured and pedicures for about ten years.  Many men do, it's not unusual today.  The nail shop I go to does men in a separate area of the shop.   However, when they are very busy in the summer, they will do pedicures on men in front with us ladies.  It's not a big deal, we all have feet. They also do waxing for men.  Everywhere......   By appointment so the owners husband can be in the shop.   

Honored Contributor

I don't think it is that rare.  Most of the men I know get pedicures and manicures on a regular basis.  Just part of good grooming. 

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@sunshine45

Yes same deal for manis.  Your area may have the same deal.  You have to ask for the Sr rate.

The shop I inquired about a Sr rate, did advise I will have to show my ID.  You must be 65+ to get the rate.

Barbar shops is my area, Sr rates start at ages 50 to 55.  Metro areas it's 65.

i will ask at the salon we patronize. i take my mom once a month with me and she is 75. somehow i doubt that they do this, but it never hurts to ask! i pay about 75 dollars for a sugar scrub pedicure and manicure with four designs.the entire process takes about an hour and a half.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

My SO, who was quite a bit older, was a real manly man.  He had rough hands from working, but really immaculate feet.  He wouldn't ever step foot in a salon for a mani or pedi, and I loved that about him.  A lot of the "cavones" around here do, and I think it's rather effeminate, especially when they get the clear nail polish!  Anyway, I would give him a foot rub from time to time and clip his toenails, etc.  He had such nice, clean feet that I really enjoyed it.  I'm pretty sure he did too!