Esteemed Contributor

I get pedi's regularly, but my dh had never been to a salon. He shocked the heck out of me the last time we went to Palm Springs, by getting a pedi, a facial, and a massage. I almost fainted ~ the moral of the story is he felt that no one knew him there, so what the hey !

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Respected Contributor

I take my stepmom once a month to a podiatrist to get her toenails cut.  One visit he nicked her toe and it bled and he's an MD mind you.  She screamed in pain and cried.  If that had happened at a salon it probably would have gotten infected.  I now take her to another podiatrist per her request.   At least at the doctor's office he was able to properly clean the wound, dress and bandage it.  I don't trust salons whatsoever.  

Honored Contributor

Great posts, because this is what my husband does.  He has pedicrues done.  Several times we did them together.  He hates dirty nails.  He doesn't do manicures, but he keeps his nails clean.  He keeps his nails cut closely and clean.  He hates being dirty, and guess what...so do I.

Respected Contributor

My husband wouldn't be caught dead in a mani-pedi salon and fortunately remembers how to wash his own feet....should he mysteriously forget, I will direct him to the nearest spa/salon.  

Respected Contributor

@foundinlv wrote:

I take my stepmom once a month to a podiatrist to get her toenails cut.  One visit he nicked her toe and it bled and he's an MD mind you.  She screamed in pain and cried.  If that had happened at a salon it probably would have gotten infected.  I now take her to another podiatrist per her request.   At least at the doctor's office he was able to properly clean the wound, dress and bandage it.  I don't trust salons whatsoever.  

I've been getting pedicures in salons for well over twenty years. I've never been nicked and bled.

Sounds to me like your stepmom would be better off at a salon where they are trained in the art of cutting nails properly instead of to an MD who is just guessing how to do it. 

~Enough is enough~
Respected Contributor

I dread springtime/summer when the men break out the sandals and their feet are a combination of over grown hooves, callouses and who knows what else. If they honestly knew that people notice, they might get a pedicure!

If you have a guy who won't get a professional pedicure, please get him his own Emjoi!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

@mstyrion 1 wrote:

@foundinlv wrote:

I've been getting pedicures in salons for well over twenty years. I've never been nicked and bled.

Sounds to me like your stepmom would be better off at a salon where they are trained in the art of cutting nails properly instead of to an MD who is just guessing how to do it. 

Podiatrists routinely cut their patient's toenails.  

Respected Contributor

@Jacie wrote:

I dread springtime/summer when the men break out the sandals and their feet are a combination of over grown hooves, callouses and who knows what else. If they honestly knew that people notice, they might get a pedicure!

If you have a guy who won't get a professional pedicure, please get him his own Emjoi!

Yes, it is disgusting.  Fortunately, my husband always cleans up his own feet and they look great.  

Respected Contributor

@foundinlv wrote:

@mstyrion 1 wrote:

@foundinlv wrote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not very well, it seems!    Woman Very Happy

~Enough is enough~
Respected Contributor

@mstyrion 1 wrote:

@foundinlv wrote:

@mstyrion 1 wrote:

@foundinlv wrote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not very well, it seems!    Woman Very Happy

She went to the same doctor when my dad was still alive and this was the first time he cut her.