Respected Contributor

I see men hug, but it's not the same hug as two women or a man and woman hugging.  It's more like clasp hands, turn slightly to bump upper arms, pats on backs.

Honored Contributor

I don't care what other people do...................

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

My preference is for a cordial handshake for everyone. I realize that goes against the current social grain.  Not keen on "social" hugging, but to each his own! 

Honored Contributor

Men have always hugged each other. It is appropriate behavior. Strange question.

Honored Contributor

I have seen men hug in my family and in my church all my life. 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

@ladyroxanne wrote:

yes i know mgm.  this is something new to me anyway.  it seems to be something that everyone is doing now.  just an oberservation.  they can hug til the cows come home for all i care.  women don't do that.

Maybe I need to move to your neck of the woods......it seems like anymore, every woman I meet comes in for the hug and phony air-kiss!  It's one of my pet peeves (including the time wasted by the Q show hosts) and I hate it........there are very few people I care to hug or kiss and these days, I seem to be always ducking.

Honored Contributor

Many years ago I worked in an outpatient setting where there were no patients in  the unit when we arrived for work at 6AM. We were a close knit unit and all the staff were then & still are close friends. Anyway some of us would hug when we greeted each other in the morning.For some reason one of our doctors found it offensive and reported this to the nursing office - who then came down and said we were a clique and should not be allowed to continue to work together, and broke up the staff . All because we expressed our feelings of friendship for each other. 

BTW - the staff that they replaced us with could not get along at all and the doctors were begging us to come back, because no one seemed to be able to work together. 

Respected Contributor

I think it's nice especially if they are good friends that haven't seen each other in a long time.

I have seen younger guys doing this not as many older ones.

It's kind of like a "side hug" that I saw.

I think it's cool that men can express their emotions more today than in years past.

I like the hug rather than men kissing each other on the cheek lol

Esteemed Contributor

@Pqfan wrote:

I think it's nice especially if they are good friends that haven't seen each other in a long time.

I have seen younger guys doing this not as many older ones.

It's kind of like a "side hug" that I saw.

I think it's cool that men can express their emotions more today than in years past.

I like the hug rather than men kissing each other on the cheek lol

@Pqfanyes you got it! The "side hug" is what men do. I guess women don't feel awkward about hugging front to front because that's what we do. Men, on the other hand, "side hug" so that their manly parts don't touch each other. Then a nice hard back-pat with bodies not touching, and that's it.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Respected Contributor

Here are Jim Calhoun (Coachof the Connecticut Huskies Basketball) and Kevin Ollie, (Player) and now successor to Coach at Calhoun at University of Connecticut.  I believe in you and am proud of you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xm9d7yeMZEA