Respected Contributor

@luvdoodles wrote:

I am so lucky to still have my mom. She is 83 but acts and looks much younger. She can make me laugh like no one else. I can't imagine life without her. I dread that day. We can talk for hours on the phone. Going to see her today, I know it will be a fun day.

Sounds just like me and my mom. She has been gone for six years and life has not been the same. We too talked on the phone every night for hours....such a void in my life. She was 83 and still washed her car and could jump rope with my daughter....amazing woman.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Memories of your Mother

[ Edited ]

Oh my gosh, so many wonderful memories!...I will just say that my Mom was my Safe Haven and my Home and, since her passing, I feel fragile and like I'm hanging onto a thread... Whenever I was with her, I felt so safe and secure and everything was perfect with the World!...Her love was the greatest love that I have ever known!

I also just want to share with everyone that the void that has been left from their passing can actually prove to be a very positive feeling for us...Try not to look at it as a bad thing or as a negative feeling...It is actually a reminder of the wonderful love and bond that was shared, so I look at that void as a beautiful, special place within my heart.....just for me and my Mom to share and visit and talk with each other, if that makes any sense to anyone.

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

Such nice comments from you and thank you!! Yes, mental illness is such a horrible beast. We tried to help her but she thought we were the enemy most times.

SQUEALED with delight when I found my avatar!!!! ;-)

Frequent Contributor

My mother passed away in 2012 and I miss her each and everyday.  She was wonderful, loving and her children meant everything to her. 

Honored Contributor

I spent all day thinking of mine yesterday and this morning driving to work thinking all on Monday 2013 we took her from home to our hospice care where she passed very early two days later.  I am so thrilled my last holiday with her was Mother's Day but it is very hard to have Mother's Day now and then three days later have the anniversary of her death.   My best memory is I never ever even as a child questioned or doubted her love for me.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

My mother passed away in 1998 at 83.  I miss her voice, touch, wisdom and her familiar scent, not of perfume but her.  She, as well as my son, are my heart.

Love you infinity!

Honored Contributor

Re: Memories of your Mother

[ Edited ]

I have some wonderful childhood happy memories .....I try to focus on thise and not the very sad memories that happened later in my life.  One memory is going with my mom out to lunch. We would each order something different....and then share half of what we had with each other. We would always end lunch with big cold blocks of red jello in a fancy desert dish topped with mounds of real whipped cream.   MMMmmmmm!

i also remember going to the beach in the summer when it was hot....bring a lunch and just lay their and drink cold lemonade. Just Mom and me. All day!

sorry about the spelling errors....can not correct them with the iPad until they fix it!

Respected Contributor

Thank God for all the sweet, happy and special memories...they get me through the missing part somewhat.

Esteemed Contributor

@wagirl, I squealed with delight when I saw your avatar, too! Adorable!

image.jpeg

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

My mother was strong and beautiful (waist length red hair until well into her senior years).  She was bright and well educated (Masters in Ed) and had a full career as a resource teacher.  She and my Dad got to travel alot, especially after retirement ( guess that's where I got my love of it).   One funny story that reminds me of Mom:  We were at a beer festival in Germany and we felt the need to use the "toilette", which requires 10 evenings to the "toilet lady".  I only had 10 penning coin so my mother insisted I use it.  While I was in the urinal I heard my mom ask the toilet keeper if she would have let her go without paying, and when the woman said she didn't understand English, found someone to translate!