Respected Contributor

Re: Memorable Valentine Gift(s) You Have Received

@Pearlee wrote:

I'm loving everyone's stories they are sharing.  I wish mine had been about a surprise jewelry piece!

@Goldengate8361  You must have quite impressed that guy on your first date to get the pearl bracelet on your second!

@AZMattie  Great story!

@MalteseMomma  I love the photo --- what a very handsome, glamorous couple. You two were so young...I can't even imagine. 

So happy you shared your story and photo. Is your engagement ring heart-shaped?  

Speaking of heart-shaped, I can't look back now as I type to see whose story it was about her dad giving her the heart shaped amethyst ring --  @willdob3  I think--- but that is such a sweet story. I remember my mom taking me on my 13th birthday to a fine jewelry store to buy me my first "real" piece if jewelry. I have it to this day and still really like it. It's not a kid's ring but very adult and suitable to wear my entire adult life.  Every time I reach for it i think of that day with my mother (now deceased) and her taking me to a fancy restaurant for lunch and then to the jewelry store.  What a fun day that was which started me on the slippery slope of loving jewelry and rings especially.  Thanks for bringing that memory back to mind with the story about your dad. Those pieces of jewelry are extra special to us.

@Pearlee ~ OMG, you and I share the same beautiful memory!  My mom and I were out shopping, and she took me to a jewelry store to buy my first piece of “fine” jewelry.  It was a ring, blue zircon (my birthstone,) set in 14k.  I loved that ring so much and wore it for many years.  I gave it to my niece, and hate to say it, but regret in doing so.  I never saw her wear it, or what became of it.  She has three daughters, and I hope one of them has it, but it’s doubtful. Like you,  I also have a weakness for fine jewelry, and l love rings!  Thanks again for the memories❤️

Honored Contributor

@MalteseMomma - What a beautiful picture and what blessings resulted from your love! Thank you everyone for sharing your amazing stories!

I was in my late 20's and DH and I were having dinner at my favorite restaurant before heading to my mom's (an hour away) My younger brother (who lived 90 minutes away) would meet us there. Shortly after we ordered, my brother rushed in - rushing everywhere was his custom - with a dozen silk roses for me. We told him to stay, but he was meeting his best friend from high school, then meeting us again at my mom's. It was out of his way to get to the restaurant, and I was completely surprised! My mom got roses too. We had only a few more years with him. I still have my roses and will never part with them.

DH has given me individual dipped roses every year. They are all different and I treasure each one. I regret not taking a picture and noting the year of each one.  

When DD was growing up he had a small arrangement delivered to her every year. This was his own idea. She was always so thrilled!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

I'm loving everyone's stories they are sharing.  I wish mine had been about a surprise jewelry piece!

@Goldengate8361  You must have quite impressed that guy on your first date to get the pearl bracelet on your second!

@AZMattie  Great story!

@MalteseMomma  I love the photo --- what a very handsome, glamorous couple. You two were so young...I can't even imagine. 

So happy you shared your story and photo. Is your engagement ring heart-shaped?  

Speaking of heart-shaped, I can't look back now as I type to see whose story it was about her dad giving her the heart shaped amethyst ring --  @willdob3  I think--- but that is such a sweet story. I remember my mom taking me on my 13th birthday to a fine jewelry store to buy me my first "real" piece if jewelry. I have it to this day and still really like it. It's not a kid's ring but very adult and suitable to wear my entire adult life.  Every time I reach for it i think of that day with my mother (now deceased) and her taking me to a fancy restaurant for lunch and then to the jewelry store.  What a fun day that was which started me on the slippery slope of loving jewelry and rings especially.  Thanks for bringing that memory back to mind with the story about your dad. Those pieces of jewelry are extra special to us.

@Pearlee ~ OMG, you and I share the same beautiful memory!  My mom and I were out shopping, and she took me to a jewelry store to buy my first piece of “fine” jewelry.  It was a ring, blue zircon (my birthstone,) set in 14k.  I loved that ring so much and wore it for many years.  I gave it to my niece, and hate to say it, but regret in doing so.  I never saw her wear it, or what became of it.  She has three daughters, and I hope one of them has it, but it’s doubtful. Like you,  I also have a weakness for fine jewelry, and l love rings!  Thanks again for the memories❤️

@AKgirl2. I am sorry you don't have the ring any more, but you do 

have the memory which is the more important thing. The ring is just a tangible reminder of that memory of your mom that you still have. 

Esteemed Contributor

This big Valentine card to go along with my sweet baby, Meadow!!!

Meadow first Val. Day.jpg

Honored Contributor

@threecees wrote:

My husband got me that card a few years ago.   So cute!   I wish I had had the presence of thought to take its pic with my Golden.    Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@threecees wrote:

@threecees  Oh I just love this. Whoever gave you that is a definite keeper. It'll be hard to ever top that Valentine gift!

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee 

Without question that gift was my wife. February 14, 2002.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@Pearlee 

Without question that gift was my wife. February 14, 2002.

hckynut 

@hckynut  Well I certainly hope so! 😄

Honored Contributor

Anyone have anything to add from this past V Day?

Honored Contributor

I got a beautiful card and $30.  Things are pretty tight since he lost his job last year, for three months, then got a new one for significantly less so, while it's much less than I'm used to, I appreciate it very much.  Smiley Happy