Esteemed Contributor

Re: Memorable Valentine Gift(s) You Have Received

@MalteseMomma, that is one beautiful picture!

Contributor

My Beloved and I were several states apart on our first Valentines Day as a couple.  We talked on the phone several times a day and emailed back and forth.  We both saved every email and for Valentines Day I printed the first email exchange where we told each other we loved one another.  I had the emails printed in a beautiful script on lovely paper and framed in silver and mailed to him.  He had roses sent to me but the best gift of all is the framed emails he keeps on his night stand as the first thing he sees every morning and the last thing at night-after me of course!

Honored Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

@Pearlee 

An Engagement ring <3  I got engaged on Valentines day in 1953 at a High School Valentines dance   <3   I was 16,he was 18  ..........I still love him,even though he has been in Heaven since 1992 <3 We went on to have 4 kids and 10 grands and I lost count of great grands  <3

.................10414529_10152239480307116_1453688019426740018_n.jpg 

You two look like a paparazzi photo of a 1950s starlet and her manager at the Coconut Grove!

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Valued Contributor

One year I received flowers anonymously for Valentine's Day. They happened to be my favorite--tulips.

Then 4 yrs later I received a sapphire engagement ring from that gentleman (I was born in September). We got married 9 months to the day later in November.

We have been married now 22 yrs this past November.

Esteemed Contributor

A guy I had only dated one before Valentine's Day surprised me for our Valentine's Day date with a beautiful Mikimoto pearl bracelet. It was divine! I was deeply moved....We ended up dating seriously for several months and then broke up. I loved the bracelet!

Honored Contributor

@qvcfreak wrote:

I agree @Pearlee  I'm Khloe's 3rd owner because they purchased her for a 4 year old that was mean to her and they sold her to someone else for breeding but Thank God the doggies didn't like my Khloe so they sold her and my son got her for me.

Yikes!  Thank goodness your Khloe (love the name!) ended up with you in a good home.

Pearley - great story!  Smiley Very Happy

I feel bad because I don't remember anything about VD gifts.  The husband knows I love milk chocolate Russell Stover, so I'm happy with that.  Otherwise, make it cash!   I like cash very much.   Over the years I've saved quite a bit of those cash gifts.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm loving everyone's stories they are sharing.  I wish mine had been about a surprise jewelry piece!

@Goldengate8361  You must have quite impressed that guy on your first date to get the pearl bracelet on your second!

@AZMattie  Great story!

@MalteseMomma  I love the photo --- what a very handsome, glamorous couple. You two were so young...I can't even imagine. 

So happy you shared your story and photo. Is your engagement ring heart-shaped?  

Speaking of heart-shaped, I can't look back now as I type to see whose story it was about her dad giving her the heart shaped amethyst ring --  @willdob3  I think--- but that is such a sweet story. I remember my mom taking me on my 13th birthday to a fine jewelry store to buy me my first "real" piece if jewelry. I have it to this day and still really like it. It's not a kid's ring but very adult and suitable to wear my entire adult life.  Every time I reach for it i think of that day with my mother (now deceased) and her taking me to a fancy restaurant for lunch and then to the jewelry store.  What a fun day that was which started me on the slippery slope of loving jewelry and rings especially.  Thanks for bringing that memory back to mind with the story about your dad. Those pieces of jewelry are extra special to us.

Esteemed Contributor

In 2006 I was dating my sweetie (we were married in 2007). I had my own town house since I was divorced at the time....I came home from work and saw that he was there (not unusual). I went inside and he had 2 stuffed animals (cats) sitting on a kitchen counter with a Valentine's Day card. He told me there was a strange noise coming from my storage area, so I opened the door to check out the problem. Out walked two little kittens - Sam and Susie, and they looked exactly like the two stuffed kitties on my counter!

Although we lost Susie last August, we still have our Sammie....my Valentine's Day gift 15 years ago!

Honored Contributor

@jannabelle1. I'm glad I put Gift(s) in my thread title since yours was definitely plural! 😺😺

Esteemed Contributor

In 2004, after dating for 2 1/2 years, my boyfriend and I decided to live together.  He moved in to my home on Valentine's Day and surprised me with a beautiful Thomas Kinkade painting of a blue (my favorite color) cottage.  We moved recently and that painting is with us in our new home.