Honored Contributor

Memorable Valentine Gift(s) You Have Received

I have one that sticks out on my mind, and not in a good way.

I was dating a man in the early 1980s who brought me a huge heart-shaped box of chocolates.  That night, after he left, I dove into that box and ate a lot of them.  We had plans for the next evening also, so I went out and bought a new identical box of the chocolates so he wouldn't know how many I'd eaten the night before! ☺

Honored Contributor

Re: Memorable Valentine Gift(s) You Have Received

@Pearlee -

That is so funny! I can see myself doing something like that lol!

The ones that stick in my mind are when my husband brought me 12 red roses. He always gave me a card or something on Valentines day,

but this was just so memorable for some reason, and so sweet.

The other times is my sister, all these years sends me a valentine card.

The third is my daughters giving me  gifts and cards on Valentines day too. I think my son, well you know, I think we text happy Valentines day! 🥰 

I know I am very luckySmiley Happy

I guess Valentines day to me and my family and friends too has just been another day to show love, again to those we love.And not wait for Valentines day but every day. Let each other know we love them every day.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@Pearlee -

That is so funny! I can see myself doing something like that lol!

The ones that stick in my mind are when my husband brought me 12 red roses. He always gave me a card or something on Valentines day,

but this was just so memorable for some reason, and so sweet.

The other times is my sister, all these years sends me a valentine card.

The third is my daughters giving me  gifts and cards on Valentines day too. I think my son, well you know, I think we text happy Valentines day! 🥰 

I know I am very luckySmiley Happy

I guess Valentines day to me and my family and friends too has just been another day to show love, again to those we love.And not wait for Valentines day but every day. Let each other know we love them every day.

@on the bay  Your post was so sweet (pardon the pun). 🍬🍭🍫

I love your family's attitude about the day.  One of my sisters and I exchange Valentine cards, as do a few women friends and I. I love that V cards have expanded beyond just sweetheart relationships to encompass other types of loving relationships.

Esteemed Contributor

In 1991, my fiancee at the time gave me a Cocker Spaniel puppy, 8 weeks old.

This year, DH and DS are giving me and Khloe a Yorkie for Valentines.

Honored Contributor

@qvcfreak  I can't think of a better present than a dog (as long as the recipient wants it and will give it a good home of course). 

🐾🐶🐕🦮🐕‍🦺🐾

Esteemed Contributor

I agree @Pearlee  I'm Khloe's 3rd owner because they purchased her for a 4 year old that was mean to her and they sold her to someone else for breeding but Thank God the doggies didn't like my Khloe so they sold her and my son got her for me.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@qvcfreak wrote:

I agree @Pearlee  I'm Khloe's 3rd owner because they purchased her for a 4 year old that was mean to her and they sold her to someone else for breeding but Thank God the doggies didn't like my Khloe so they sold her and my son got her for me.

@qvcfreak  Awwwww finally she is wanted and loved in a good home.❤

Valued Contributor

Two years ago , l got a giant pink teddy bear ( about 4 ft tall ) and a huge valentines day card almost 3 ft tall . My little grandson was so in love with the big bear he played with it every time he was over , it was way bigger than he was .  A few months ago we went out to his place , my husband said " lets give Jacob the teddy bear" . So we sat it up in the back seat , and when we got there told him to see who was in the backseat , he ran out and was so excited to get to have the big pink teddy bear !  My son , his Dad , said  " that sure takes up a lot of real estate !"  

Honored Contributor

@judianne Who had given you the bear?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee 

An Engagement ring <3  I got engaged on Valentines day in 1953 at a High School Valentines dance   <3   I was 16,he was 18  ..........I still love him,even though he has been in Heaven since 1992 <3 We went on to have 4 kids and 10 grands and I lost count of great grands  <3

.................10414529_10152239480307116_1453688019426740018_n.jpg