Honored Contributor

Re: Memorable Valentine Gift(s) You Have Received

@chickenbutt wrote:

I got a beautiful card and $30.  Things are pretty tight since he lost his job last year, for three months, then got a new one for significantly less so, while it's much less than I'm used to, I appreciate it very much.  Smiley Happy

@chickenbutt It's definitely the thought that counts. Considering what you wrote about this past year, I think that's very generous of him.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

I got a beautiful card and $30.  Things are pretty tight since he lost his job last year, for three months, then got a new one for significantly less so, while it's much less than I'm used to, I appreciate it very much.  Smiley Happy

@chickenbutt It's definitely the thought that counts. Considering what you wrote about this past year, I think that's very generous of him.

You are so right!     For my birthday, in Nov, I was surprised to get $60 in my card because I figured I'd just get a nice card (and he usually also gets me cards from the bird and the dog) and that would be it.    I'm not one to have expectations or feelings of entitlement, so any gift is always very much appreciated and no gift is fine, too.  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I love reading all these stories, very sweet!  I can't really think of any valentines that were particularly memorable.  My dh isn't terribly romantic, in fact the valentines day a few months before our wedding he totally forgot, as he has forgotten anniversary's as well. He's just not that 'type' I guess.😓

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Honored Contributor

@Karie2022 wrote:

I love reading all these stories, very sweet!  I can't really think of any valentines that were particularly memorable.  My dh isn't terribly romantic, in fact the valentines day a few months before our wedding he totally forgot, as he has forgotten anniversary's as well. He's just not that 'type' I guess.😓

@Karie2022 Groaning at your pun, especially considering my original post!😄

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

My husband always sent roses, candy etc to me at my office.  The first Valentine's Day after my husband died, I went into my office and there was a box of Candy and a card on my desk. I opened the card and it was signed "your secret admirer". Of course I figured out quickly it was from the maintenance man. He was the only one who had access to my office. There was nothing romantic about the gesture. It was just a good hearted man that wanted me to have something on my first Valentine's Day alone. I have never forgotten this. It was the kindest thing anyone had ever done. That was 28 years ago and I have never forgotten this. 💔❤️

Honored Contributor

@newtoallthis wrote:

My husband always sent roses, candy etc to me at my office.  The first Valentine's Day after my husband died, I went into my office and there was a box of Candy and a card on my desk. I opened the card and it was signed "your secret admirer". Of course I figured out quickly it was from the maintenance man. He was the only one who had access to my office. There was nothing romantic about the gesture. It was just a good hearted man that wanted me to have something on my first Valentine's Day alone. I have never forgotten this. It was the kindest thing anyone had ever done. That was 28 years ago and I have never forgotten this. 💔❤️

@newtoallthis. What an amazing story!

Respected Contributor

My husband got my an electric skillet.  Yes, an electric skillet.  He knew my old one was no good.  He wan't being mean about it....he just didn't know better.  LOL!  I told him I appreciated it, but no more kitchen electronics for Valentines Day.

Honored Contributor

@ScrapHappy wrote:

My husband got my an electric skillet.  Yes, an electric skillet.  He knew my old one was no good.  He wan't being mean about it....he just didn't know better.  LOL!  I told him I appreciated it, but no more kitchen electronics for Valentines Day.

@ScrapHappy  How very romantic of him!🤣 Not to mention that was a present for both of you, not just you.  OY!