Respected Contributor

Re: Melissa Rivers leaves ashes in stores and restaurants

@Kachina624 wrote:

@truffle wrote:

Unenforceable laws just highlight the actions of the arrogant.  How about I send to David Dangle and Melissa some purchases I am dissatisifed with but in the form of ashes after burning them in my fireplace.  Just a little pinch mind you.  No, I don't think they'd like that at all so no reason why the public at large should tolerate ashes of the deceased scattered in parks, restaurants, someone's front yard, etc.  (unless you own that property). 

@truffle  Are the ashes of the deceased creating a major problem in your life?  They are sterile dust.  I live in a dusty place so if there are human ashes about, they just blend in.  The people I've known who spread ashes did it in some place like a river or a remote canyon.  I don't think those ashes are bothering anybody.  I've asked that mine be scattered in the mountains in Colorado.

They're human remains, not just dust.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@The Monkey on My Back wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@truffle wrote:

Unenforceable laws just highlight the actions of the arrogant.  How about I send to David Dangle and Melissa some purchases I am dissatisifed with but in the form of ashes after burning them in my fireplace.  Just a little pinch mind you.  No, I don't think they'd like that at all so no reason why the public at large should tolerate ashes of the deceased scattered in parks, restaurants, someone's front yard, etc.  (unless you own that property). 

@truffle  Are the ashes of the deceased creating a major problem in your life?  They are sterile dust.  I live in a dusty place so if there are human ashes about, they just blend in.  The people I've known who spread ashes did it in some place like a river or a remote canyon.  I don't think those ashes are bothering anybody.  I've asked that mine be scattered in the mountains in Colorado.

They're human remains, not just dust.

This is true. They're sterile but there are laws. I think Joan would approve tho. Smiley Happy 

Trusted Contributor

If I remember correctly, in one of Joan's shows, she put a bit of someone's ashes in the dirt of a potted plant, I believe it was when she was at Buckingham Palace, ....so perhaps that's the type of place Melissa put Joan's ashes (in potted plants).  Anyway, I'm sure it was extremely discreet.