Honored Contributor

Re: Melissa Rivers leaves ashes in stores and restaurants

@VanSleepy wrote:

@sallybusky wrote:

Maybe David Dangle could sell some of Joan's ashes on QVC. Buy more and save!

I just now saw a snippet for the upcoming news that said "how YOU can own a piece of Joan Rivers' legacy".  You may be on to something.

Do you think it'll be a TSV?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@croemer wrote:

I think Joan did the same thing with her husband? I also believe Joan would love it...now not sure how the law or others feel about this?

@croemer you're absolutely right. Joan did the same thing with Edgar. She even brought his ashes to the David Letterman Show. They were in a small compact, and she took a few smudges and put it on the underside of his desk.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRwlT3DQ3mY

I think she'd love what Melissa is doing.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Super Contributor

@sunala wrote:

@croemer wrote:

I think Joan did the same thing with her husband? I also believe Joan would love it...now not sure how the law or others feel about this?

@croemer you're absolutely right. Joan did the same thing with Edgar. She even brought his ashes to the David Letterman Show. They were in a small compact, and she took a few smudges and put it on the underside of his desk.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRwlT3DQ3mY

I think she'd love what Melissa is doing.

I agree!!! I think Joanie would love it!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I find this to be bizarre and creepy.  

Esteemed Contributor

I find it really weird and probably illegal. But if thats what Joan wanted so be it. I wouldnt have broadcasted it though (due to legalities).

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

That is just sooooooooooooooooo Joan!  Really!  LOL!  I would never do that as I worry about health issues.  But I don't think there are any.  I mean a pinch here or a pinch there, Is okay I guess. Besides an ick factor for some (not me though), it is all about the family and how the dead person feels about it.  That is what counts.

I can just see Joan's hand in this, hahaha,  I really miss her.  This world is is quieter without her.  I miss her jokes and attitude. The woman just oozed a love of life and had a profound posative attitude.  her life was cut short IMO,

Regular Contributor

I'll bet Joan is sitting in the great beyond laughing her ash off! 

Respected Contributor

Unenforceable laws just highlight the actions of the arrogant.  How about I send to David Dangle and Melissa some purchases I am dissatisifed with but in the form of ashes after burning them in my fireplace.  Just a little pinch mind you.  No, I don't think they'd like that at all so no reason why the public at large should tolerate ashes of the deceased scattered in parks, restaurants, someone's front yard, etc.  (unless you own that property). 

Honored Contributor

@truffle wrote:

Unenforceable laws just highlight the actions of the arrogant.  How about I send to David Dangle and Melissa some purchases I am dissatisifed with but in the form of ashes after burning them in my fireplace.  Just a little pinch mind you.  No, I don't think they'd like that at all so no reason why the public at large should tolerate ashes of the deceased scattered in parks, restaurants, someone's front yard, etc.  (unless you own that property). 

Shoekitty said

Well, I thought that.  But, I don't know the law.  Many people would have ick factor, as well as some people having real religious objections to the idea.  Is a pinch here or there against the law?  If it is, I wonder why Melissa is so forthright about what she has done.  You would think she'd be in deep doo doo. Unless she is kidding

Honored Contributor

@truffle wrote:

@truffle  Are the ashes of the deceased creating a major problem in your life?  They are sterile dust.  I live in a dusty place so if there are human ashes about, they just blend in.  The people I've known who spread ashes did it in some place like a river or a remote canyon.  I don't think those ashes are bothering anybody.  I've asked that mine be scattered in the mountains in Colorado.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment