Respected Contributor

Re: Melissa Rivers leaves ashes in stores and restaurants

Melissa did a really nice interview with The Daily Beast last week, she spoke abit about scattering joans ashes, the article talks about going thru her moms (and dads) belongings and getting them ready for auction and various other topics.

http://thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/06/12/melissa-rivers-anger-grief-and-why-i-m-auctioning-joan-...

The article was linked on the msn homepage a couple days ago.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

If you've read Joan's books or watched the movie "A Piece Of Work" you'll realize that Joan did the same with her friend's ashes as they got scattered in places that were their favorite places to visit. Joan would love to be scattered in her favorite haunts so it does not surprise me that Melissa is spreading her ashes in places Joan loved.

Super Contributor

I doubt she is in Taco Bell so I have no worries. 

Respected Contributor

You would be amazed that a lot of places have ashes. Last summer I was on a friends boat and we saw a man putting ashes in the ocean. I was at a wedding by a bluff last year and the bride brought her dad's ashes with her in the urn and scattered them over the bluff during the ceremony. 

No no surprise to me that Melissa would scatter her moms ashes all over.

Contributor

Joan appeared on the David Letterman show and brought out a compact with Edgar's ashes in it.  She then took a finger's worth and placed them under David's desk.  See the link below.

www.youthttpsube.com/watch?v=gRwlT3DQ3mY

Respected Contributor

Did QVC get any?

Respected Contributor

@sallybusky wrote:

Maybe David Dangle could sell some of Joan's ashes on QVC. Buy more and save!

I just now saw a snippet for the upcoming news that said "how YOU can own a piece of Joan Rivers' legacy".  You may be on to something.

Trusted Contributor

So Joan's ashes are spread around the world that's great. I had an uncle and he said when he passes he wanted his ashes spread on the beach so the girls could sit on him!! True story. He had a funny sense of humor. So he is up and down the Jersey coast.

Valued Contributor

Not quietly, all over  internet, TV.    Another way for Melissa to get attention.  Should be a private matter.

Respected Contributor

O/T here but have any of you checked out David Dangles new blog entry here from this week? He met with Melissa to discuss the upcoming Christies auction of some of Joans belongings, there is a link in his blog that takes you to her page at Christies, you can click on each item to make piece larger. Not my style at all but I did like the lucite lamps and the small emerald band ring. Altho Joan wasnt one of my favorite people I felt much sadness looking at the things she loved and realized, I really do miss her.