Re: Melissa Rivers leaves ashes in stores and restaurants

Reminds me of the movie

Scatter my Ashes at Bergdorfs,

I think Joan was in it too, 

Honored Contributor

@fortune wrote:

@truffle wrote:

I'm pretty sure it is illegal to deposit ashes of a loved one in a store and in a restaurant. 

She scattered her mother's ashes to all parts of the world including inside stores and restaurants.  One cannot dispose of the deceased in this manner. 

Nearly two years have passed since Joan Rivers' death, her daughter Melissa has revealed she's shipped her mother's ashes to friends all over the world.

"She's in England and Scotland and Mexico and Wyoming and California, and stores and restaurants and studios. She is places nobody would expect her to be," Melissa told Matt Lauer Thursday on Today. "I think she'd be happy that what I still have is in my closet near my shoes."

The Fashion Police host also addressed the lawsuit she settled with the clinic where Joan stopped breathing during throat surgery in August 2014. She died a week later in a New York hospital.

I got something in my eye the other day.  I think it was Joan.

@Fortunada

@Thanks @fortune there goes my Fireball all over the screen!Smiley MSN Emoticon 155.gif

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

There's a thriving business with turning cremains into diamonds and other forms of jewelry.

I cannot decide how I feel about that... it's either creepy or an ok gesture.

I think it's creepy.   My sister told me about those options.

I told my sister that DH could just have them put my ashes in a baggie & scatter me in the wind. At first when I saw the blingy urns when we were planning my Dad's services,  and thought "that's me"  I'm back to the baggie idea now.

Honored Contributor

It would be very easy for Melissa to put Joan in a salt shaker and sprinkle a bit of her here, a bit of her there...

Just don't forget and leave it on the dining room table.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Best laugh I've had all day.

Sprinkle some of me over Tiffany's and Cartier's.Smiley LOL 

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

No one knows what Joan would think of it, do they?

Yes, her daughter would know.  I would assume it was discussed.

Super Contributor

I find it odd.  But I guess as long as she followed the laws of the cities and had permission from the businesses...  then .... okay???

but if she didn't then she broke the law and that really isn't okay.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

It would be very easy for Melissa to put Joan in a salt shaker and sprinkle a bit of her here, a bit of her there...

Just don't forget and leave it on the dining room table.

Honored Contributor

Very,very odd.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you watched the "Joan Knows Best" shows Joan did the same thing with her husbands ashes!!  I think she even left some for Johnny Carson at his grave!  I remember her in the show going up to a house, not sure about the sentiment of the house for her, but she was sneaking the ashes there too! LOL

I'm sure Joan requested it in her will!  Wondering if anyone reading these posts will remember that specific show Woman LOL

I miss Joan!