Esteemed Contributor

Mei Xiang HAD HER CUB (Giant Panda)

[ Edited ]

Giant panda Mei Xiang has become increasingly restless and began body licking—both signs that labor has probably started! Our giant panda team is closely monitoring her via the Panda Cam for a cub’s arrival. Watch with us! TUNE IN: https://t.co/99lBTV2w92. #PandaStory

— National Zoo (@NationalZoo) August 21, 2020
The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

Re: Mei Xiang has gone into labor (Giant Panda)

Joyful news!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Mei Xiang HAD HER CUB (Giant Panda)

Excerpt from:  nationalgeographic.com/animals/2020/08/giant-panda-born-national-zoo/?cmpid=org=ngp::mc=social::src=twitter::cmp=editorial::add=tw20200821animals-pandabirthzoo::rid=&sf237066921=1

Washington’s 22-year-old female panda, Mei Xiang, has given birth to a cub, Smithsonian’s National Zoo announced Friday evening. The cub, whose sex is yet unknown, was born at 6:35 p.m., and the zoo says she’s caring for it attentively. It may be several days before keepers can retrieve the cub to perform a neonatal exam. In the meantime, they'll be monitoring the mother and baby 24/7. (You can watch Mei Xiang and her cub on the zoo’s panda cams.)

Giant pandas are an international symbol of endangered wildlife and hope, and with the birth of this precious cub we are thrilled to offer the world a much-needed moment of pure joy,” said Steve Monfort, the zoo’s director, in a statement.

Tiny, blind panda newborns are notoriously fragile, and the cub’s survival is far from assured. Nonetheless, the birth brings an end to an anxious wait that began in March with artificial insemination.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/content/dam/animals/2020/08/mei-xiang/mei-xiang-1598050011663.adapt.885.1.jpg
The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

I just cant stand it.  Pandas are just so beautiful, it hurts my eyes.  The babies arejust too cute.  How lucky we are for many of them to be protected and revered to enjoy for years to come.  

Honored Contributor

So happy to hear a new baby panda was born, so very cute!  It is always uplifting to hear when animals give birth especially since many are endangered.  I hope the baby is healthy and thrives.

Esteemed Contributor

The actual video shows her looking for the baby amongst the leaves on the floor.  I am sure it is OK, but I about died.  So little and precious.

Somewhere a while ago I read that the father to be needs a little encouragement and certain XXXXXXrated videos are actually produced.  Can you imagine telling your kid what you do for a living?  😂

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Awwww.🐼Heart...such beautiful animals!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”