Valued Contributor

Re: Megyn Kelly's colleagues........

@blondiechick wrote:

Don't care for Megan Fox...glad when she left fox network.  Did like her in the beginning when she co-hosted a show with Bill Hemmer.  When she got her own show she was unwatchable.  

As far as Matt goes...he was not well liked at the Today show.  I am sure the people who worked on the Today Show are throwing a big party because he got fired and they don't have to put up with him any longer.  

Matt Lauer's coworkers were in tears over his departure, on live TV, while expressing their love for him. Didn't look like a happy party at all.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Hoovermom wrote:

EXCLUSIVE: 'No one wanted Megyn here, she was forced upon us and today reinforced why she will NEVER be part of the Today family.' Staff are outraged at 'smug' Kelly and her insensitivity to colleagues over Matt Lauer firing.

Staffers at The Today Show have expressed their disgust and outrage at Megyn Kelly for her smug, self-aggrandizing display and insensitivity to her distraught colleagues in the wake of Matt Lauer's firing.

Insiders at the show told DailyMail.com that if she had a public comment to make she should have focused on the accuser and the Today team who are devastated by by the allegation surrounding Lauer and his firing, which came late Tuesday night.

Instead, Kelly used her platform on her show Wednesday to say: 'This one does hit close to home. I too have known Matt for a long time and he has been a friend and kind and supportive to me in my transition to NBC News.'

And later that day, at a media event in Manhattan, she hailed his firing as 'a sign of progress.'

Her Today Show colleagues are outraged.

'We work in an industry of egos but this is the most opportunistic thing we've ever seen,' said one staffer.

'We now have the highest paid person at NBC News hosting one of the lowest rating shows, and rather than being humble, she takes the first opportunity to take the spotlight and make it all about her and what she knew.

'Our team is hurting and the newest member of the team who is yet to prove herself is out and about making public comments that she truly has no knowledge of.'

All day members of the Today show were crying and distraught, staffers told DailyMail.com.

'But rather than sticking around and spending time with the staff, Megyn made sure she was the center of attention.

'No one wanted Megyn here, she was forced upon us and today reinforced why she will never be a member of the Today family.'

'And here's something we'd like to say about her – she's terrible on morning television, her show is terrible, her staff think she is terrible, in fact her show should be call Terrible with Megyn Kelly.

'They were right over at Fox News, she deserves the nickname 'Me-Again' – as it is all about her even though she fails to see that the viewers don't like her.'

I'm still not seeing anything outrageous that she did. I found the comments rather unremarkable.

Maybe they should be more concerned with their and NBC's complicity in all this rather than Megyn's comments.

The video of Kathy Lee Gifford defending him and citing scripture to do so made me want to puke.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Respected Contributor

They're trying to make this woman relevant, & it just isn't working. They change her hair, her clothes, her delivery, & still people don't watch. Gee, too bad. 

Respected Contributor

I'm not surprised Megyn Kelly would use this difficult time at NBC to elevate herself, so I'm glad to see it backfire on her. 

Megyn Kelly needs to go. 

Trusted Contributor

Her show ratings have no where to go but up.

She is a terrible interviewer. Awful. And she did the really wrong thing...go against NBC and invite Matt back to NBC to talk about it?

Really? What were you thinking?

I watched her interview Jane Fonda and Robert Redford. Oye. She kept interrupting Tom Brokaw...the patron saint of NBC. I'm surprised he didn't fire her on the spot.

The Daily Mail is very on point most of the time. I would say more of this article is true.

Frequent Contributor

I never thought of Megyn Kelly as an 'experienced' journalist/news anchor/attorney. I watched her show a few times on FOX and just couldn't take her after awhile. I read that she had a following on FOX, but after she left and went to NBC, reportings say her ratings have plummeted.

Honored Contributor

@JJsMom wrote:

@Hoovermom wrote:

EXCLUSIVE: 'No one wanted Megyn here, she was forced upon us and today reinforced why she will NEVER be part of the Today family.' Staff are outraged at 'smug' Kelly and her insensitivity to colleagues over Matt Lauer firing.

Staffers at The Today Show have expressed their disgust and outrage at Megyn Kelly for her smug, self-aggrandizing display and insensitivity to her distraught colleagues in the wake of Matt Lauer's firing.

Insiders at the show told DailyMail.com that if she had a public comment to make she should have focused on the accuser and the Today team who are devastated by by the allegation surrounding Lauer and his firing, which came late Tuesday night.

Instead, Kelly used her platform on her show Wednesday to say: 'This one does hit close to home. I too have known Matt for a long time and he has been a friend and kind and supportive to me in my transition to NBC News.'

And later that day, at a media event in Manhattan, she hailed his firing as 'a sign of progress.'

'We work in an industry of egos but this is the most opportunistic thing we've ever seen,' said one staffer.

'We now have the highest paid person at NBC News hosting one of the lowest rating shows, and rather than being humble, she takes the first opportunity to take the spotlight and make it all about her and what she knew.

'Our team is hurting and the newest member of the team who is yet to prove herself is out and about making public comments that she truly has no knowledge of.'

All day members of the Today show were crying and distraught, staffers told DailyMail.com.

'But rather than sticking around and spending time with the staff, Megyn made sure she was the center of attention.

'No one wanted Megyn here, she was forced upon us and today reinforced why she will never be a member of the Today family.'

'And here's something we'd like to say about her – she's terrible on morning television, her show is terrible, her staff think she is terrible, in fact her show should be call Terrible with Megyn Kelly.

'They were right over at Fox News, she deserves the nickname 'Me-Again' – as it is all about her even though she fails to see that the viewers don't like her.'

I'm still not seeing anything outrageous that she did. I found the comments rather unremarkable.

Maybe they should be more concerned with their and NBC's complicity in all this rather than Megyn's comments.

The video of Kathy Lee Gifford defending him and citing scripture to do so made me want to puke.

@JJsMom, as I posted elsewhere, I would expect no less (or no more) from her.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JJsMom wrote:

@Hoovermom wrote:

OMGoodness is this TRUE?  What in the world is Kathy Lee Gifford thinking?!!

I didn't see this clip....how awful!

As for MK....I don't watch her show but I did see a interview with her back awhile and she said that she used to watch Oprah alot when she got home late at night just starting out.  I got the impression her goal is to be the next O....I don't see that happening...but hey I could be wrong....I just have zero interest in NBC for the most part and her show to be honest LOL!

Respected Contributor

I'm surprised she's on any TV show let alone a show of her own.  I make sure the channel is on another network.  

Honored Contributor

I think she is a person that would cut your throat ,to get ahead.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.